JamieD

Oct 11, 2015
Hi there,

I was given a "Smart TV box" from a friend who had trouble with it. All I know about it is its an M6 box and he said he used to get a droidbox logo on boot after the A9 logo. He started having trouble with it and somehow he seems to have messed it up completely. Now when you turn it on, nothing happens at all. If you boot to recovery image, the remote doesn't work. I know with other boxes you can manually edit the factory_update_param.aml file to point to the update package as well as other commands, such as clear cache or reset, but for the life of me I can't find any firmware for this box to put on an SDCard and give it a try.

He told me he tried a lot of different firmware and said he remembered in the settings that it was specified as a "G18REF" board but I don't think it is, just going by the images I found of them online and comparison to the board he has. That would go a long way to explain why no firmware he has tried has worked. He tried OpenElec and that never completed properly and afterwards he could only use a recovery.img that came with an OpenElec update package.

Very annoying. Anyway, if I could be pointed in the right direction for the firmware this box needs I'd be happy. Is there other information I need to provide?

Thanks!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you can e-mail us with your friend's post code, we should be able to trace the order. [email protected]
Mention you need to reflash the Android operating system, and any other information you can get regarding the original purchase (date/name etc).