kelkee

May 27, 2015
When loading droud wizard do I use the first confluence skin pack or the one that says beta testing kodi only pack?

kelkee

May 27, 2015
Chris I think you told me to use the first one in our chat..couldn't remember..if so what's the beta testing kodi only pack for?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
How have you got on, I find Kodi runs better with the normal confluence skin, the beta test one can be used if you have Kodi Helix, but not Gotham it will not upgrade you to Kodi Helix.
I no you have the T8s so you should be ok, but if SilentlyScreaming said for you to try that then give it ago.
Hope you sorted out the problems you were having and enjoy your droidbox.

Dave

kelkee

May 27, 2015
The first time I chose the beta testing one but this time I chose the regular skin pack. I wasn't sure if the beta testing one could possibly be part of the problem. ..but everything seemed to load ok..it got late so I'll play around and set it up to my liking

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Excuse the delay, this was the last tab sitting unloved in the browser when I woke up the PC today...
@kelkee Confluence - most steady, smoothest interface, boring looking
Modded - looks pretty, lots of shortcuts to areas Confluence has to click more times to access, can cause app to crash more often
Kodi Beta - Modded skin (Confluence Customizable Mod) so see previous line, but has extra add-ons included. These add-ons may not work, could cause your microwave to melt or next door's car to run over a much loved rose patch. DroidBOX will be held responsible for none of said results.

Seriously, if you're happy reconfiguring, exploring and experimenting, go for the Beta pack. If you place the look for a skin over the smoothness of the experience, go for the Modded pack. For myself, I tend to head straight to the confluence pack.