Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Hello all,

I have just discovered recently the RS07 unit and I immediately ordered one.

As I have some experience with retro gaming (set up two retropie systems and used emulators on PC, Xbox, Dreamcast , PSP etc.) I know I will have a lot of fun with it.

While waiting for the unit to arrive (takes quite a while from China to Canada) I have a few questions.

I am wondering if I could find somewhere the original firmware image, so I can download and have a look?

Where is the most recent custom firmware located (I think it is OpenDingux 1.6 - correct?)

I think that both microSD card slots can accommodate 32GB at the maximum - correct?

For retropie one can find a vast range of ready made rom-sets: is this also the case for the RS07?

Thank you for any replies - and I am looking forward to contributing as I get familiar with this device :)

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
There are no firmware image for the RS-07. I would recommend making a backup of your SD card using Win32 Disk Imager or similar.

You can find the latest custom firmware for it at https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90

I believe 32GB is the largest supported, but if you have a 64GB you can always try it.

We do not provide any support for where to get ROMs from.

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Thank you Dave C for the helpful reply!

How come there are no firmware images for the RS-07, would not all of those who have the unit have an (original) copy and therefore they could share? In 6 weeks or so I will of course have my own original version but I hoped that I could start poking around before that... I found some broken links for downloading the RS07 factory img - there must be a link that is still alive, or if not that than maybe a person willing to share? Or is that unlikely?

Thank you again for any pointers you may have for me

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
As mentioned you can make your own backup of the firmware using Win 32 Disk Imager. If you do it as soon as you get the device you should have no issues.

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Of course. But it will be 6 weeks or so before I have the device. At that point I will also gladly share it with others. But I was hoping to play with it (the contents) while waiting ...

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I am not sure what you can do with the firmware image without having a device to use it on? I would recommend contacting the company you purchased it from and ask them for the image.

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
I like to look at the contents to see what I could tweak (even before actually tweaking) as that will make the tweaking much more efficient. I bought the device on Amazon and the seller has no idea about the firmware image or about the device itself... All he provides is a tracking number showing an expected arrival date of late May early June

Last edited:

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
I am in Canada and I already paid for the unit :( so now all I can do is wait. It comes from China but I have warranty (well, for 30 days) by Amazon, which is good to have.

The link you have provided would use Royal Mail - that also can take a couple of weeks.

But since I already purchased even if I had another one available to me tomorrow I would not need a second unit.

Last edited:

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Wow. I did not know. Will definitely consider that for my next purchase ( I may get an RS97 unit after the RS07). Thank you.

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Just out of curiosity - how much would DHL shipping to Canada cost (as I did no see that option)? There are duties and taxes to be paid for DHL shipping - which are at least 13%, but often much more - would you know what they may be?
I paid for the RS07 from China (all costs included, no duties etc.) GBP 49.- - is your all in costing similar? I may consider buying a second RS07 for a friend and would be happy to buy from you if your pricing is comparable to what I pay at Amazon Canada.
Please advise

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It is around £65 via Royal Mail International not including any import tax but using our Easter Discount code "DX10". You would get this in up to 5 days compared to from China which is a long wait.

Gadgetguy

Apr 18, 2019
Thank you. Will consider for sure on my next order. I appreciate the super prompt responses - that in itself is very valuable.