Paul Dobson

Dec 31, 2017
Hi guys just a quick question I always watch showbox and the clarity on my old television was a perfect

I now have bought a brand new 55 inch Samsung 6 series and I have noticed while watching Rick and Morty/ Family Guy that anything in white ie background/ characters /trousers shirts/. All seem to be very pixelated..

Can anybody clarify what is going on here as when you watch showbox you are watching in 720.

Is it because my TV is uhd 4k ??

Thanks pd.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could try changing the screen resolution on your TV (should be set to auto detect) or failing that, display resolution on your Droidbox.

Paul Dobson

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks very much for the quick reply I will have a fiddle with the settings when I get home..

I think my droid settings are on auto. So it will be at 4k 2+..

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd also consider (at least temporarily) turning your TV's display enhancements off and on. Sometimes they can help to improve the look of an image, other times they go too far and actually degrade the quality.
Here we go:
Disable (Auto filters usually ruin the picture quality)
Digital Clean View
Auto Motion Plus (This will also get rid of "The Soap Opera Effect")
Dynamic Contrast

HDMI Black Level and UHD Color. I'm not familiar with these. If they have a disable option do so. Otherwise try the various options.

Color Space Native

Also TVs tend to over saturate pictures. I would turn down the color setting for a more natural color. If you are willing to take the time and spend the money. I would highly recommend buying the Disney WOW BluRay and calibrate your screen.
from http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3357565/samsung-6300-uhd-terrible.html . Might not be exactly the same model, but have a look for similar options to play with on your TV.

Paul Dobson

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks guys for the information but my problem still persists. I'm using my ultimate beelink GT and for some reason I can't turn the brightness level down

I go into options display then it gives me brightness level when I click on brightness level I get a grey square at the top of the screen which I cannot move left or right or up or down and to be honest guys I think this is the problem for my whites being so pink..

Anyone had this problem

Paul Dobson

Dec 31, 2017
Problem fixed guys..

Sdmi to hdmi was switch on. Once disabled the pixel pinkie white was gone and the beautiful white came back..

Phew..