bobwho

Jan 11, 2017
I have a t8splus kodi box with up to date 16 on it,run,s fine for 1hour then movie shuts off.I can go back put movie back on it will complete itself.I went into expert and advance menu cut timers off,had no effect on box.I know when I set it up there us a place that had 45 min. on it I set at 60 min didn,t see off.I now can,t find how to have all cut off,s in place,am new to this need all the help I can get. THANKS

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Is it possible you have tinkered with the "custom shutdown timer" on the dbmc exit button?

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Also, make sure it's in a well ventilated area, I.e, not behind a glass door on your TV stand as overheating will cause it to power down to protect the cpu.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

bobwho

Jan 11, 2017
Nigelar thanks for the advice, You may be on to the problem>I have also raised box up off tv stand to get air.My problem is how do you get back to them setting,s in custom shut down timer? THANKS AGAIN

bobwho

Jan 11, 2017
I have already put that setting in,still shut,s movie off in 1 hr.When setting up somewhere in there I saw a setting set at 30min,s I ran it up all the way to 1HR that,s as far as it would go.I don,t know where I seen that,would hate to reset then put it all back in.Thanks for the help if you think of anything else let me know Thanks again.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have already put that setting in,still shut,s movie off in 1 hr.When setting up somewhere in there I saw a setting set at 30min,s I ran it up all the way to 1HR that,s as far as it would go.I don,t know where I seen that,would hate to reset then put it all back in.Thanks for the help if you think of anything else let me know Thanks again.
Hi

You can always clear the data on your Kodi or DBMC which will return its settings back to its defaults.

Example for the procedure.

Clear Data On XBMC/Kodi

Here is how to:
Go into Settings>Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen .
OR
Settings> Other>More Settings> Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen.

Regards

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
If you have only just got box and the above does not work could try factory reset? As last resort?

bobwho

Jan 11, 2017
I finally got box where it doesn,t shut down after 1 hour,seems simple now,but not so simple before finding the cause.The URL needed updateing,works fine THANKS for the help.