gordon.hunter

Feb 4, 2016
Hi all,

first post.

Loving my new T-8 compared to other media players I have had.

However one annoyance is the boot up time. Granted its only 1 minute 30 secs from a cold boot to being in XBMC however is there not a sleep mode.

Basically once I have say watched an episode of a TV show I dont want leave the box on consuming power nor do I want to power it off and then wait for it to load again.

Is there not a sleep / hibernate mode i.e. a state where it is in a low power state that can quickly be resumed from?

And only when away from the box for longer periods or overnight would I actually power down.

I called technical support and was advised to turn my TV off but leave the box running or set the screen saver to come on at 4 mins - seems the guy missed my point entirely.

Look forward to your suggestions. Perhaps its just an option I am missing but this seems a very basic function.

Cheers, G

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hi all,

first post.

Loving my new T-8 compared to other media players I have had.

However one annoyance is the boot up time. Granted its only 1 minute 30 secs from a cold boot to being in XBMC however is there not a sleep mode.

Basically once I have say watched an episode of a TV show I dont want leave the box on consuming power nor do I want to power it off and then wait for it to load again.

Is there not a sleep / hibernate mode i.e. a state where it is in a low power state that can quickly be resumed from?

And only when away from the box for longer periods or overnight would I actually power down.

I called technical support and was advised to turn my TV off but leave the box running or set the screen saver to come on at 4 mins - seems the guy missed my point entirely.

Look forward to your suggestions. Perhaps its just an option I am missing but this seems a very basic function.

Cheers, G
T8 device is running on Android 4.4.2 and there is no Sleep mode option available on Android 4.4.2 but it is available on Android Lollipop version, so you can just turn off your TV and keep your device running but before turning off your TV try to exit all Applications properly.

Last edited: