Chase183

Jul 12, 2017
It's been almost 2 hours and it still has not updated to 100% Is the OTA slow or is it just me?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The server where the OTA files are hosted may have been slower than usual. As long as all the data gets downloaded, the time taken won't effect the update process itself.

Chase183

Jul 12, 2017
I guess I have a dead zone, or the wifi chip in this box does not produce a strong signal. My Amazon Fire Stick is able to achieve connecting without any slowdowns or drop signals. I had to get a wifi booster to hopefully improve results.

Chase183

Jul 12, 2017
I love the box when the connection works, I'm not saying I don't like the box because I really like it. Maybe in the newer model add a better wifi chip. Connecting to the Ethernet makes downloading the OTA in mere minutes. So if anyone is going to buy this box make sure to connect it by Ethernet because if your router is upstairs or further away from the house you will have drop signals.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I love the box when the connection works, I'm not saying I don't like the box because I really like it. Maybe in the newer model add a better wifi chip. Connecting to the Ethernet makes downloading the OTA in mere minutes. So if anyone is going to buy this box make sure to connect it by Ethernet because if your router is upstairs or further away from the house you will have drop signals.
If you have an option to get a device hardwired that will always be the best option for streaming/ downloading any content, wifi in general with android devices is poor to say the least.