homelyn

Jun 19, 2016
Hi

I have a T8 mini which has been working fine, no problems until recently.

I cannot get an ethernet speed above 2.5Mbps, I amusing Sky as ISP and on my PC are achieving in excess of 25Mbps, I have tried to connect wirelessly but when I input my password into the Droidbox it states not 'couldn't connect' even though I know it is connectable from PC and iPhones etc

I have tried to use WPS client to see if it will connect - no.

Just downloaded latest updates but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas I can try please to either connect wirelessly or improve Ethernet speed.
Thanks
eric

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With the WiFi password, try typing it into a normal text box somewhere (address bar in the Browser app as one example). Make double sure that all letters are lower or UPPER case as required. If there are special symbols in the password, make sure they are appearing on the screen as intended (as an example, some controllers have " and @ swapped around).

Check if the DroidBOX can connect to a different WiFi network temporarily (if you don't have neighbours that would lend you their password for a few minutes, you could try turning on your phone's mobile hotspot, just don't forget to turn it off again afterwards!).

With Ethernet, try swapping the leads temporarily with the one you use on your PC, try a different ethernet socket on the modem.

If none of that helps, we have seen some issues with ISP supplied modems resolved by factory resetting the modem itself (if you have any settings required to enter after this) and/or checking for firmware updates for the modem. I think it was Virgin modems that came into this category more often, but worth a check.

Reactions: David Savage

homelyn

Jun 19, 2016
Hi, tried al that before posting, then suddenly came back to 25 Mbps for no apparent reason, so I am now sorted but thanks for the help

Regards

Eric

Reactions: David Savage