bobwho

Jan 11, 2017
I had my t8s plus v2 turned on and was checking somethings and a box about 1/3 the size of tv screen (70 inch)came up and ask permission to tape our conversation,s it had allow and Deny on it.I live in the once great USA The only thing on was the DROID BOX the tv was not on regular HDMI port.WE are being watched from strange places.Must have a vpn server.I thought I would throw that out for everone to know.BEWARE

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
That will most likely have been an application either updating, or being opened for the first time (Android 6 has a slightly different approach to requesting permissions for apps).
The app in question (the name will have been mentioned in the window) wanted access to the microphone. As an example, Google's launcher might want access to the microphone to listen for the "OK, Google" hotword.
One final thought/attempt to reassure... if you don't have your own USB microphone attached to your T8-S Plus v2, then it won't matter which app wanted access to the microphone, as none exists.

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Like Chris said, 3rd party software has allot of spyware! But if you are carfull about what you use and use a wizard that turns off spyware I don't remember which wizard it was

But use hardware not software just software there already in your network hardware blocks the incoming, you still have to pay for the vpn service but it's worth it

Look at the post on the Internet provider spying on the member on here