Philip Cooke

May 4, 2016
I would have thought OpenElec would run smoothly more than Android.

However it judders and top right (25 percent of screen) corner of the screen is often out of sync with rest of the picture which is noticable when background pans.

Android version works nearly perfectly, it just always says about how to use left menu every time i open it and eventually judders when watching too many movies over time.

My question is, are there any specific settings that should be turned on or off to ensure maximum performance to avoid any visual issues on either system?

Using Ts8 plus, arrived Tuesday this week.

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
System ....video....acceleration....

Tick and untick the 3 different codecs and see if playback improves.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
there has to be something wrong, openelec is working perfect on my t8s plus, might be worth checking hardware acceleration settings

Philip Cooke

May 4, 2016
Hi Mark

Please could you let me know what settings you have and what version you are running? (i am running version 6.0.0 running confluence skin)

I would prefer to use OpenElec over Android, so making this a reality rather than sending the box back for a refund would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I've never changed any settings, can't remember what version of openelec it is but it's the one that came with the box running kodi 15.2, you could try reseting default settings in openelec incase something got messed up.
Also I had a thought it might be worth trying a different hdmi cable