Feb 26, 2015
For some reason when im in xbmc some videos kick me out of xbmc straight back to the home screen. It's not random either its the same videos that do it every time. Any ideas guys?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, sometime it down to the server and how good it is,thats why some give you a few to use. On demon88 on Phoenix I use to get kicked out at 10mins on films in 1080p, now go to NaviX or cartoonHD 2. There's lots to choose from.

Feb 26, 2015
OK makes sense. Didn't know if the stream I was just trying to play was using a codec not installed on my box

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It might be that,I've found some add-ons work one day then a few days later there not. There's a lot going on in the back ground and I've found instead of playing around trying to get it to work, witch can take a while. Just use another add-on there's so much to choose from. Genisis , Icefilms , 1channel, cartoonHD and 2,mikefilms, NaviX much movieshd and HDmovies so much more.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You're spot on with some video streams crashing XBMC out to the launcher's homescreen. Something the XBMC coders, add-on authors and stream encoders will have to sort out, though I'm sure some of them will point at each other over it. You could try searching for an existing thread over at http://forum.kodi.tv/ (if there isn't one, start one), and they will probably want your XBMC/Kodi logs, see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file for details on that.

Rme1972

Dec 7, 2014
For some reason when im in xbmc some videos kick me out of xbmc straight back to the home screen. It's not random either its the same videos that do it every time. Any ideas guys?

I've been having this problem since December. Have purchased well over £100 of new routers and cables, because I thought it might be my internet. It turned out that if you've got Kodi - and particular V14.0 or 14.1 then you need to update to 14.2 Beta edition. You can get it on the kodi website. It completely solved all of my problems. Good luck!

Rme1972

Dec 7, 2014
Kodi 14.1 had issues with its decoding. 14.2 fixes this as well as lots of other things.

Rme1972

Dec 7, 2014
It will show on the splash screen when you load it for the first time after turning your device on

[EDIT BY SILENTLYSCREAMING]
Careful here as the splash wallpaper screen you see can be misleading.
Use David's method below, or head to Android Settings>Apps>XBMC (or SPMC or Kodi) and check the build version there.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you get in touch they might give the zip file. You might need proof it was a droidbox. If its not go to system>file manager>add source>then top box put in> http://fusion.xbmchub.com then the bottom box a name like fusion, click done and go out. Then go to system>setting>add-on>install from zip file and go to fusion were you can install repos from there. Good luck