sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I have been having some sound problems in libreelec. when i click on a link i get no sound and i get no GUI sound, the only way i can get the sound back is to keep clicking on links till the sound works again, and another problem when i boot from libreelec to android the box locks up i have to switch the box of a few times at the mains to get the box to boot into android, anyone ells have this problem?

I have done several resets but still getting the problem

britott

Mar 8, 2016
I do have a similar problem with the sound, but it also happens on the android side so it could be a kodi problem not the device, usually when I hit the link a couple of times the sound works but if not I have to reboot the box and that usually always works, I honestly thought it was because I was using passthrough and real-debrid and thought maybe there was a bit of a conflict. One problem I do have is sometimes when a play a movie/tvshow after pressing the link it locks up the box so I have too reboot the box, happens quite often, it never happened on my v1 box, but on v2 with the old/new libreelec versions I get the problem. Also I can not stop the flickering when playing a movie/tvshow on libreelec 8.01, was bloody fine on the other version of libreelec.

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Reactions: sblabs

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I do have a similar problem with the sound, but it also happens on the android side so it could be a kodi problem not the device, usually when I hit the link a couple of times the sound works but if not I have to reboot the box and that usually always works, I honestly thought it was because I was using passthrough and real-debrid and thought maybe there was a bit of a conflict. One problem I do have is sometimes when a play a movie/tvshow after pressing the link it locks up the box so I have too reboot the box, happens quite often, it never happened on my v1 box, but on v2 with the old/new libreelec versions I get the problem. Also I can not stop the flickering when playing a movie/tvshow on libreelec 8.01, was bloody fine on the other version of libreelec.

Hi

When it comes to the LibreELEC it is in BETA please keep that in mind.Also please provide a feedback in the corresponding thread in order for us to be easier to pick it up .

Regards

Reactions: sblabs and britott

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have been having some sound problems in libreelec. when i click on a link i get no sound and i get no GUI sound, the only way i can get the sound back is to keep clicking on links till the sound works again, and another problem when i boot from libreelec to android the box locks up i have to switch the box of a few times at the mains to get the box to boot into android, anyone ells have this problem?

I have done several resets but still getting the problem
Hi

This is mainly due to Kodi bug.The server does not provide feedback in time and the sound gets left out.Now if this occur it should not have any effect on the sound afterwards when you play the video.

Regards

Reactions: britott
Dec 21, 2016
Vermont
I had a flickering problem with the new V2 on both the Android and LibreELEC sides.
I fixed it by turning Down the Brightness and the Contrast Up controls on my monitor after that the flicker was gone and the picture looked sharper and clearer than it did on my V1 box.
It would seem that the V2 has a stronger output than the V1.

Reactions: britott

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I Have given up on the droidbox just to many problems for me, i dont get a single day go by with out the sound dropping or it just locks up when booting to android, i am getting a Nvidia Shield.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I Have given up on the droidbox just to many problems for me, i dont get a single day go by with out the sound dropping or it just locks up when booting to android, i am getting a Nvidia Shield.
sbabs sorry to here this, I've just got the V2 T8-S plus and it's been fine up to now. Have you updated LibreElec 8.01, I'm thinking about it myself.
Also have you thought about asking to exchange your box as if may be faulty.
The shield is a good box and know a few people how own them, not sure they are compatible with Google play....

What ever you decide good luck.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Have the same problems as you @sblabs the v2 seems to have some issues right now, but the v1 pretty much runs flawlessly, let me know how you get on with the shield, curious myself if its any much better, I would be happy with the shield if the passthrough works and all the dts options are there. Good luck buddy.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
sbabs sorry to here this, I've just got the V2 T8-S plus and it's been fine up to now. Have you updated LibreElec 8.01, I'm thinking about it myself.
Also have you thought about asking to exchange your box as if may be faulty.
The shield is a good box and know a few people how own them, not sure they are compatible with Google play....

What ever you decide good luck.
I wouldn't update too libreelec 8.01 my v2 was great untill I updated now its crap so having to wait for another ota/update too hopefully fix it, good luck though if you are feeling brave and still want to give it a shot.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thanks, might wait for a OTA update.
I've had no audio issues so far and play back has been fine. I've had one lock up, this was on boot up, and put it down to the ES file explorer message which I've turned of now..

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Thanks guys, Dont get me wrong am still going to use the v2 and the v1 box that i have, I will still update firmware and report bugs, just i cant use the box as my daily driver. yes i am on LibreElec 8.01 on the v1 box and the v2. My v1 box is rock solid.