Status
Not open for further replies.

newbebe

May 31, 2017
I have a SSD drive that Android sees as internal storage. How can i replace this or switch to use the box internal storage instead? At the moment I cannot remove this drive without having Android not work correctly.

Any help appreciated!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If you were to remove your ext ssd you use internally in your box, your box will use its own internal memory. What do you have on the ssd that will stop android working as it should?

Reactions: newbebe

newbebe

May 31, 2017
If you were to remove your ext ssd you use internally in your box, your box will use its own internal memory. What do you have on the ssd that will stop android working as it should?
When I try to boot the box without the drive on Android, it prompts for a password. A grey screen with 'to start android enter your password' appears. The Android files and folders are all on the drive, how can I move these? Or am I going about this wrong? Open elec runs fine with and without the drive.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Use es file explorer and take whatever you have from the ssd and copy to the download folder.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I had the same problem with my v2 and ssd, i just removed the ssd and do a full reset saves a lot of time playing about. but backup your files first.

Reactions: newbebe and 8bitDev

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have a SSD drive that Android sees as internal storage. How can i replace this or switch to use the box internal storage instead? At the moment I cannot remove this drive without having Android not work correctly.

Any help appreciated!
Hi

You can backup your data first,perform factory reset through android and afterwards remove the drive without any issue as @sblabs mentioned.You can also use OpenELEC/LibreELEC afterwards to format the drive for a clear use.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.