Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
I bought two of these on amazon about 2 years ago, one is pretty stable and the other is just a nightmare, libreelec works fine, the android side is terrible, constant crashes, despite many resets and restores, I tried to flash the firmware using this thread https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v2-devices.10487/, but the firmware files when i download them say they are for the t8 s mini, i didnt realize this until after i tried to install them from the sd card, i put the file on there zipped but when i go to the install from ext option it didnt install and gave me an error, im guessing because it isnt the right firmware? anyway can someone please direct me to a working firmware please?????????????

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The t8 mini and the plus v2 have the same specs and the same firmwares iirc, use the Method 2: Firmware Reflash with PC and USB cable

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
I was able to reflash the firmware via the sd card method. Same issues. Buggy. Freezing. Trash. When i tried to download the img file to do it the usb way it said too many connections to download the file. And the burning tool language was in japanese. Smh. Where can i get a custom rom for my box. Trying to find one but no luck yet. I assume i just need to find one compatible with the amlogic s905 chip and that should work??? Please help

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I was able to reflash the firmware via the sd card method. Same issues. Buggy. Freezing. Trash. When i tried to download the img file to do it the usb way it said too many connections to download the file. And the burning tool language was in japanese. Smh. Where can i get a custom rom for my box. Trying to find one but no luck yet. I assume i just need to find one compatible with the amlogic s905 chip and that should work??? Please help

If you follow the "Method 2: Firmware Reflash with PC and USB cable" guide at https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v2-devices.10487/ it will show how to change the language to English and to perform the update.

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
Whenever i download the img file it says its corrupted. I'll continue to search for a stable rom. Thx for your assistance

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I have tried the download and it seems to be working fine. Are you sure you are using the correct firmware for your model of device? Can you email [email protected] with your order number or post code for the device you want to update and we can check to confirm. Thanks.

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
ok i have the file downloaded, opened the usb burning tool and unchecked the overwrite box, everything is as it should be, i hit start then connect my box to my pc using the correct usb slot, next to the reset hole, i hear windows recognize my box and the power button is lit and the time is displayed but nothing happens in the usb burning tool. What to do now????

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
ok so as i unfortunatley suspected the usb method didnt work either, it froze on the first boot up after reflashing, i then unplugged it, rebooted successfully then installed kodi, launched it and less than a minute in it froze, smh, the other box i bought doesnt act like this one, i suspect there is some sort of hardware issue? but i have a feeling another firmware may help so if anyone knows where to get a stable one for this box please let me know, ive been going through this for two and a half years since i had it INSANE, i FINALLY TRIED THIS AND NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
So kodi froze on a fresh install? Not used kodi for a few years now as always was throwing up an error here and there. Have you tried wbmc from the playstore or even ditch android completely and look into running CoreELEC from an sd card for a more solid way to stream in kodi 18.5.

Last edited:

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
Thank u so much for helping. Could u tell me how to install coreelec for my box. Id still like to use android still as well Do u know where i can get custom roms for my box. I search but its hard to find and figure out exactly which one i can use. I know the dangers. Libreelec runs fine i just cant update it. Nothing comes up in the update channel. So im stuck on 17.3 krypton. Thx again

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Also your box has android 6 firmware and that will be an issue whilst running apks on the android side, if you were to find a compatible rom it will be going to android 7 at the most. Is that really worth the hassle to get probably the same results you are getting now, here is a link from freaktab to find another rom but who knows which 1 is for yours:- https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905 ps. Your gonna end up with a paper weight and a bricked box going down this route and reflashing the dbx f/w to try to recover it.

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
Ok. Again thx soooooo much. I'll trust u on the custom firmware route and just stick with coreelec. I found a youtube video
and its for coreelec 9 for aml s905 and it has links to everything. Only issue is it said i need to choose the specific p2 code for my processor once i download the img file I dont know what it is. I'll check out the link u sent me. Its probably exactly what i need since youve been early morning superman. Lol. Im in baltimore. Maryland. Just checked the tutorial u sent me. It says its for the mini only. I have the t8 s plus v 2.0. I. Assuming its ok. Based on all weve discussed so far. But. I'll wait

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The t8 mini has the same specs as your v2 box and it will work. Installing from sd card doesn't touch the already installed dbx f/w and is no chance of bricking. Good luck

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ok. Again thx soooooo much. I'll trust u on the custom firmware route and just stick with coreelec. I found a youtube video
and its for coreelec 9 for aml s905 and it has links to everything. Only issue is it said i need to choose the specific p2 code for my processor once i download the img file I dont know what it is. I'll check out the link u sent me. Its probably exactly what i need since youve been early morning superman. Lol. Im in baltimore. Maryland. Just checked the tutorial u sent me. It says its for the mini only. I have the t8 s plus v 2.0. I. Assuming its ok. Based on all weve discussed so far. But. I'll wait
Just note that that link in the video is for C E 9 kodi 18.0, there have been 4 or 5 more updates from the CoreELEC team since that. Upon every boot you will get a nagging popup telling you there is a newer version available. Use the d/l link I provided to get the latest version (kodi 18.5) and also use the same dtb. file as it is for your chipset box.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
By default, rebooting from Android will start CE. In CE you can choose which OS you want to use (Reboot or Reboot from emmc 'android stock rom')