ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
email was sent out today with download link and instructions.
Kodi backups have been discussed here a few times, basically entails copying the userdata directory to external media/the cloud, facrtory resetting, then copying the backup back into place again afterwards.
To backup lots of apps and their data, Titanium Backup is worth a play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup
I would tend to check for stability improvements after a factory reset, BEFORE restoring apps and data though, in case restoring the backup reintroduces a problem.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
T8-S+ Ver 2

OK, Iv'e been using 'Nova Launcher' now for a month as my default Launcher / Home Screen, and have not had a single freeze on start-up.

I know others are experiencing difficulties still, but it is working fine for me.

I hope i haven't just jinxed myself saying this...!!

Dec 21, 2016
Vermont
The Nova Launcher does work well... I've had no problems with it using the new LibreELEC 8.0.2 Beta I installed yesterday, have booted between
LibreELEC and Android more than 10 times with no hangups or any other problems. It also worked well with the LibreELEC 8.0.1...

Reactions: Fritz-69

Jim Peacock

Oct 14, 2014
Hi all.
I have been following this thread with interest. I took receipt of my TS8 plus on the 16 May and within days I experienced problems with booting up the device. Often it took multiple times before being able to access any content.
I have tried the factory reset suggestion but problem still exists.
Has any decision been made on a solution for this issue? I read with interest about the Nova Launcher but I am now stuck with this suggestion either as a temporary solution or permanent fix. I am not as technically minded as many of the users and do not know what to do next to obtain/ make this launcher operative on my unit. Any suggestions please? Or point me to an already discussed thread.
Good device by the way. Looking forward to removing this glitch.
Jim

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
The Nova Launcher is available on the Google Play Store.

Once installed, go into the settings of Nova Launcher and you can customise your home screen.

You can add widgets etc (weather, clock, Google), and add Shortcuts to your home screen.

You can change the background / add your own image.

Play around with the settings to get it how you like it.

Once done. You have to go into the android settings and set the launcher to Nova.

That's it.

Reboot and you've got your new home screan.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Reactions: David Savage

Jim Peacock

Oct 14, 2014
Hi Fritz-69
Thank you for your quick and comprehensive reply. Loaded Nova launcher this morning and rebooted many times and it works a dream. Long may this continue as the box is a great device.
Thanks once again.
Jim

Weebilly1211

Jun 13, 2017
did this issue get solved in the end as my T8-S v2 is doing the same. I turn it on and the box loads up and then it freezes on the home screen. only the power button on the remote does anything, I use the remote to turn it off and on again then everything works fine.

only had the box about an month and have issues with it already. the only apps that I have put on it is: IPVanish, STBemu and the onealliance build for kodi.

blueyhills

Jan 11, 2017
Hi

I had this same problem - I was using the Onealliance build too and over a period of a few weeks it just got worse - I thought it was the box too
until I decided to make my own build from scratch and wow what a difference - it now loads super fast and has been trouble free.

Also using the Onealliance build on my PC caused the same problems with Kodi.

Jim Peacock

Oct 14, 2014
did this issue get solved in the end as my T8-S v2 is doing the same. I turn it on and the box loads up and then it freezes on the home screen. only the power button on the remote does anything, I use the remote to turn it off and on again then everything works fine.

only had the box about an month and have issues with it already. the only apps that I have put on it is: IPVanish, STBemu and the onealliance build for kodi.

Hi Weebilly
Using the Nova launcher has worked well for me with only one false start up since the install two weeks ago.
Jim