Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
I am sure you all at droidbox are aware of the major **** up one of your main competitors has made with their new wizard or at least the next update to it.
Only customers with static IP addresses will be supported , anybody else will be blocked after two IP changes . A scenario that will probably affect morecthan 50% of users.
Unfortunately from a consumers point of view they are not including this information on their adds in ebay etc , just FYI anybody who has purchased said product and is now stuck with a box that is blocked can make a claim through paypal and ebay within 180 days of purchase. There might just be a customer amongst us who is now using a droidbox product after having been let down elsewhere ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Joe reid - Sorry for the delay, we've been a bit distracted with getting the new packs and Wizard add-on sorted. I've been firmly putting the case forward for any IP based restrictions to be realistic and as non-obtrusive as possible. In short, we need to stop people sharing the login details and having dozens of people using the same Wizard username and password, but take into account that even though sticky in some cases, 99% of UK ISP domestic customers are going to be on a dynamic IP address.
Other people have obviously had other views, and they're not here to defend themselves, so I'll skirt round that part of the discussion.
If we have procedures in place that will make life inconvenient for customers (beyond typing in the user/pwd itself), customers will need support. If those sort of demands on time increase, I'll have less time to sort other issues, so... speaking as myself (Chris) without any company policy being promised or inferred... I believe we won't have those sort of IP change restrictions (I had heard it was going to be higher than two for DroidSticks, but I don't know the guys over there) with our Wizard. Should that change, we'll post about it here.

Big thanks to @David Savage for his support with the forum, as people may have noticed I'm approximately two days behind with the forum threads here. Once the new Wizard and XBMC/Kodi builts are out the door and stable, I'm hoping we'll get back to a faster response here.