twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Okay. So having spent the whole day trying to fix a minor problem that has turned into a big issue, I am going to do a step by step guide to the issues.

Android: 5.1.1

Step 1
I have done a factory reset using a needle and the side hole on the T8-S Plus box I have. During the reboot process, I received this message ''cannot load volume/misc''. I was able to Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Data Factory Reset and Reboot System. The ''cannot load volume/misc'' message never went away.

Question
Is this an issue or does it not matter?

Step 2
I pick English as my language then my wifi connection. Here I see my BTHub**** twice. Yes it appears twice on the setup. I pick one of them, enter the password and when connected, both BTHub**** are ticked.

Question
Is this an issue or does it not matter?

Step 3
After getting to the DriodBox front page, I go into LibreELEC. Here I start the set up. I choose my wifi BTHub***** and the annoying notice appears at the bottom saying ''network error did not receive a reply'' yet it says that I am connected. I go into LibreELEC - Connections. Next to my hub is says State:ready.

I click on the hub and another box appears with 4 options:
Disconnect, Edit, Delete, Refresh

BTW: My ip address is showing

Questions
What did the ''network error did not receive a reply'' mean?
Is State:ready correct or should it be State:connected?

Step 4
So I decide to install an add-on. Let's say Fusion. I enter it in the File Manager correctly (checked hundred times). Then I go into Install from Zip File, Fusion, lets say exodus repo and boom. The box either freezes or repo doesn't install from the Zip File. Same happens with any other repos. Either the box freezes or no installation.

Question
What is going on? Seriously this has been the case all day.

Step 5
I never use LibreELEC but decided to today due to the other issue I was having with Kodi 17.1. I uninstalled 17.0 and installed 17.1. Everything was going well until I noticed that Live TV had a bit of a bug - it kept stuttering ever so slightly. Not buffering but just missing a beat here and there so the footage was not seamless.

Now I use SM for my sports and 100% worked (16.1) and still does on my laptop (17.1) but on the Android the stuttering is there. I have played around with the acceleration (i always disable it on the SM tools section) but to no avail.

The stuttering has now crept into the tv shows and movies. Maybe I have OCD I don't know but I notice it and it bugs me.

I also have issues with some of the addons not installing. E.g. Noobs and Nerds took hours to install on 17.1 Kodi.

Questions
Is my box broken?
Is there something wrong with 17.1 and the box? I feel the issues have to do with the video side of things.

Step 6
Tried DBMC and bobs your uncle it works. Noobs and Nerds, Fusion that were already entered in the File Manager, installed repo needed from zip file with no issues. Exodus repo installed.

The only issue I have with DBMC is the skins. I cannot change it to Xonfluence which is my go to skin as it will not accept the HellyRepo

Question
What is going on with my box? I have loads of free space on my box so can't be issue of lack of space especially considering I have just reset the box.

If anyone can answer any of the above questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Right now I am spent.

Regards

twa96

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I can answer 2 of your questions for now:

1. Ignore the message
2. You are seeing 2g and 5g wifi channels i think. Standard if your router supports it. 5g better for short distances with clear line of site.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
3. Some librelec users (from the librelec forum) report this error as a red herring - the connection is made. Is it in your case?

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Thanks Nigelar.

When I said that everything works on DBMC, scratch that. It has also started the stuttering.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
3. Some librelec users (from the librelec forum) report this error as a red herring - the connection is made. Is it in your case?
I believe the connection has been made. But since I have issues installing things I am wondering.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
4. You will have to remind me. Is this on librelec or android? Which version of kodi?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, sorry for jumping in but after a factory reset have you turned your BT Smart setup off

Reactions: Nigelar

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, From the browser on your box try to visit the droidbox forum if you get bt logo get started then switch them off, with bt smart set up you sometimes have to do it for individual devices.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi, From the browser on your box try to visit the droidbox forum if you get bt logo get started then switch them off, with bt smart set up you sometimes have to do it for individual devices.
Just tried it and everything looks fine. No BT logo anywhere.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you pop across to our main website @twa96 and start a live chat with one of our support staff? We're around until 5.30pm this evening, then back again on Monday 10am. I'd like to connect to your device in Android and check the modem out.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Chris

I am at work right now. I will try and leave early to get home for 5:30.

BTW I posted an update on this and another issue. Got fed up with everything, did factory reset and installed SPMC direct from google play. Everything worked fine but for issue of rebooting for no reason. Happened twice. It seems fine now.

I know there is a version of SPMC on the box but just got fed up with everything hence why I decided to try installing direct from google play.

I uninstalled the preinstalled Kodi using google play.

Regards

twa96

Reactions: ChrisM