andymc_24

Jun 13, 2015
Hi,

I've recently got a replacement X7 Ultimate device and I am having problems with the internal storage. My device is showing an internal storage of 4GB with an additional Nand Flash of 10GB. When I view these on the app ES File Explorer they are named SDcard 0 and SDCard Internal_SD respectively.

Is there anyway I can combine these partitions to give me the full allocated space on one drive or move apps out the 4GB one cause its filling up fast...

I have 3 other boxes the exact same which all have 1 storage unit of 16GB

Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andymc_24

Jun 13, 2015
I had issues in terms that I thought I only had a total of 4GB of storage which when I contacted support I was made aware of the 2nd storage location of 10GB

My question now is, can I combine these locations to make 1 storage partition instead of 2 or is there a way I can transfer the apps over to the 10GB storage and still function properly on the device because my 4GB storage partition is running out rapidly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
4Gb shouldn't run out that quickly. Move over anything you can: apps (go to Android's Settings, then Apps, then click on any large applications, if there is a Move to SD option, click it). Use the SD Card Analyst in the Tools menu when ES File Explorer is open, check which folders have files you can delete. You'll find one big ZIP file is left after you run the Wizard, this can be safely removed, it'll be within /Android/data/ somewhere. Media files, be it MP3s, AVIs, MKVs etc etc should all be moved to the larger partition or USB device.

In terms of recreating partitions, you could do this, but it would involve a fair amount of research and you could risk soft-bricking the device as a minimum. If the warranty isn't important, and you're comfortable with entering in commands in a shell, you could try.

You might find something like ZDBox and/or CCleaner help you with some of the first paragraph, see the Android Apps area of this forum for a description of them.