Ro66g

Apr 30, 2018
A few nights ago me and a few friends were looking for something to watch on my M8S box when a screen randomly appeared upon pressing the cursor button on the remote. The best way to describe it is a GUI all spread into different blocks divided by red lines with lots of Chinese writing in each block. The only English parts were a list of all the local WiFis in the middle with what seemed like a ping to the right of them and a few abbreviations such as APK and LAN dotted throughout the Chinese writing. The strangest part was in the bottom left corner, there was an animation featuring a dog like person in a motor home being mind controlled by a small gold ball which then calls a mothership. Me and all my friends were pretty weirded out at this point so we turned it off.
Basically, I am incredibly confused as to what this was and I can't get it off my mind until I know what it was. Any help guys? Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Apart from avoiding dangerous drugs it sounds like you have stumbled upon an alternative launcher (home) screen.
Never seen anything like it before on droidbox supplied boxes.

Oh I also remember on some of these older android boxes there was a particularly key press which instigated some memory clean up routine featuring a space rocket animation

Last edited:
Reactions: Ro66g

Ro66g

Apr 30, 2018
Apart from avoiding dangerous drugs it sounds like you have stumbled upon an alternative launcher (home) screen.
Never seen anything like it before on droidbox supplied boxes.

Oh I also remember on some of these older android boxes there was a particularly key press which instigated some memory clean up routine featuring a space rocket animation

The memory clean up routine sounds like it could be right. Also I'd be lying if I said some dangerous drugs were not involved.

Reactions: ChrisM