Rob19

May 17, 2017
Hi, I turned my box on the other day and it was just constantly stuck on the "Droid smart" Start up screen, so today I have had a little play and got into the start up boot menu. I went to erase data and now it's stuck on the erasing screen it's been left about 2hrs with no change, I then tried to get back into the boot menu but no luck with that either it just loads up the erasing screen again

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Rob19 As it mentions "Droid Smart", can I check whether it is an M3 box that you purchased from DroidBOX some time ago, or you've come here for general advice?

If it came from a different supplier, it might be worth asking them if they have a) A firmware file that you can flash and b) A specific recovery firmware that may help in cases where just a ZIP doesn't do the trick.

@SmokingElectronics I think the "start up boot menu" he is referring to is Android's Recovery menu, so likely he has used the reset/recovery switch to get there.

Rob19

May 17, 2017
Yes the recovery menu tried endless amount of times to get back in but just goes to the erasing screen again.

The box is probably a couple of years old not sure where i got it from, it is an m3 ultra 4k. I will see if i have any details from the seller and try to seek advice about flashing the unit