catmunky

Nov 13, 2016
Hey everyone [emoji106] firstly I'm having a massive issue with pop up ads that will appear even on the home page, this seems to be consistent with the installing of CinemaBox HD which I cannot uninstall? Anyone else had these issues? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You should be able to uninstall cinemabox hd.
Go into android settings - apps - locate the app - force stop and clear data and cache - uninstall. See if that works.
There may be alternative methods which I will research but see if that works first and report back

Reactions: catmunky

catmunky

Nov 13, 2016
Thanks Nigelar [emoji1], so after I posted about the problems, I had a quick scan of some other posts and decided to try Es File explorer.
When CinemaBox HD is installed, it automatically assigns the app administrator status, this means you cannot uninstall it (or the ads that it runs!) until you have unchecked the box.
This is coming from someone who is not that tech savvy, much as I'd love to code the crap out Kodi, it's never gonna happen [emoji851].
Anyhow thanks for your help and I guess the short story is don't install CinemaBox HD!!
You've been a great crowd...Goodnight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChrisM and sblabs

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks for reporting back mr catmunky.
I and possibly the forum community have learned something new which we can pass on to others who have this problem.

It's really good when people provide feedback. At least we know that a solution has worked or someone proposes a new fix. Often people ask a question, get a possible solution and we never hear from them again.

Reactions: catmunky

catmunky

Nov 13, 2016
Hey, yes it's always good to feedback to the forums, let's face it, there are a load of people out there that put a lot of their own time and knowledge onto the forums for the good of the community. Even if what you contribute seems minute to you it may well trigger a different way of looking at a problem. Thanks putting out you lot! Cheers Catmunky. [emoji78]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Savage