EricB

Mar 12, 2015
My subtitles settings are : languages to download subtitles only Dutch, preferred subtitle language only English. Sometimes it happens (yesterday with the movie Run All Night) that chinese subtitles are played above my Dutch subtitles, so I have chinese and dutch subtitles, which is annoying. No matter what subtitle service I use or no matter what subtitle file I use, I cannot get rid of the chinese ones. Is this related to the movie/subtitle itself or is it a setting I am missing somewhere. To be clear, in many cases the chinese subtitles does not appear.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, these subtitles are on the movie (Chinese) so can't be turn off. It's the same on Fast and furious 7 and Kingsman so they can not be turned off, you can always wait until a newer copy comes out. I think on Genisis there's Fast and furious 7 with no Chinese subs. It's a pain I'm sure if you want your subs up and you can't read them because of the Chinese ones.
I think its just down to where the people source the copy's from, and sometimes they have the subs burnt in.
Hope this helps explain the Chinese subs from you.

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: EricB

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Tnx Dave. Yes indeed, on Kingsman the same issue. To make clear, the chinese subs are not on top of the dutch ones, but above them. I can read the dutch ones, but the chinese ones takes a lot of place and that makes it so annoying. But I understand that there is nothing you can do against the Superpower China. ;)

Reactions: David Savage