sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all each time I open openelec I get that message in blue at the top of screen, seems like my internal hdd has lost connection. Cannot see it in es file explorer either. Have a lot of files/backups on the 1tb hdd and it's been unmounted, anyone know how to access this drive again without formatting in openelec and losing everything on the box. TIA.

Last edited:

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Mine has been doing this recently too, the only solution I have found that works is to unplug the hard drive physically and then plug it in again. Sounds strange but it's happened to me twice now and this is the only thing that worked.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Cheers for that Tahir was going to try that when get home from work coz I think that's the only option...

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Physically taking the hdd out and putting back in has worked, now want to know why it unmounts itself as it shouldn't do:rolleyes:

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Mine does this all the tine. I either hard power off, or go into android mode, launch ftp demo and make a connection from the laptop, that seems to work for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The fixes are there for this problem but there shouldn't be a problem in the first place, why is this happening DB????

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
I assumed it's because I have my box on all day thus causing the HDD to over heat but it seems other people seem to have this issue too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Only have my box on for a few hrs at a time but do presume it is an overheating problem, let's see if any admin can shed more light on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegazsheard

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
It is not an overheating problem as the few times mine has done it, it has happened within a minute of turning the box on. I also have my box disconnected from the power socket when not in use and it doesn't help in fixing the problem either.

Reactions: thegazsheard

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
So which box does this mounting and unmounting problem happen. Is it the T8-S or T8-S Plus?

Stuart Capon

Dec 24, 2015
Same problem, t8s open elec 1tb WD blue
I thought the same as you guys, overheating problem.
Tried loads of things, full formats, disconnection leaving it off, unplugged etc. Nothing seems to work for long before it falls over again.
I have been informed this is a software problem by DB not hardware.

The problem shouldn't be there as someone else said.

They are working on a fix with the devs apparently but no timescale!

Jay W

Feb 6, 2016
I had the same problem on a T8-s plus, if I moved the hd cable the drive would un-mount itself. I noticed there was also a slight movement in the connections. I moved the cable until the drive mounted and placed it carefully back in the hd slot and tightened the screws back up and has been fine ever since. Fingers Crossed!!!!