SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Recently @ChrisM posted surround sound! I am still new to the TV boxes but I have yet to find a good way to get true dolby digital. I have a Sony high end stereo 5.1 studio speakers
Optical connection and hdmi to the stereo but I still have to use multi channel fake surround sound!
I have tried pcm hdmi and the other one, I have tried upscale, even setting the channel's to 5.1 instead of 2.0!

But velocity, and dandy media and too many others you can find the rare source that says 720 dolby digital with dolby symbols. Then the receiver lights up and says dolby digital it's usually still pcm no matter how you set it up but trust me im a av nut its dolby!

It's such a maddening fight and scavenger hunt for the players and sources that even service dolby
But @Nigelar has said that real debrid has more im hoping to get that soon and find out.
There is no other companies other than real debrid with good links I have tried a few because rel debrid didn't take my payment type but they showed me a reseller that takes American dollars even 360 days for under 40 bucks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Recently @ChrisM posted surround sound! I am still new to the TV boxes but I have yet to find a good way to get true dolby digital. I have a Sony high end stereo 5.1 studio speakers
Optical connection and hdmi to the stereo but I still have to use multi channel fake surround sound!
I have tried pcm hdmi and the other one, I have tried upscale, even setting the channel's to 5.1 instead of 2.0!

But velocity, and dandy media and too many others you can find the rare source that says 720 dolby digital with dolby symbols. Then the receiver lights up and says dolby digital it's usually still pcm no matter how you set it up but trust me im a av nut its dolby!

It's such a maddening fight and scavenger hunt for the players and sources that even service dolby
But @Nigelar has said that real debrid has more im hoping to get that soon and find out.
There is no other companies other than real debrid with good links I have tried a few because rel debrid didn't take my payment type but they showed me a reseller that takes American dollars even 360 days for under 40 bucks
How have you got on....hope you found some good links..

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
@David Savage I was also using multi channel when I should have been using PLII MS a dolby format type uses center fronts and the 2 surrounds multi only uses 3 ooooooops smack me

I'm not sure if it is my stereo because my Sony is a lower end model no normal on screen menu system just what little bit you can make out on the display! But I tried switching to hdmi and it wouldn't give me sound without the optical cable my settings are to much of a pain to care about it!

I was able to change the box over to hdmi sound and hdmi pass through and all of the digital options checked at the bottom so she's sounding better thanks
I also looked up my mistake that you pointed out and read about hdmi being the best way for sound especially 7.1 and up thanks for reminding me i hope to get a used yamaha stereo down the road used yamaha are 100 or something and unlike other brands users only get rid of them for newer models more features

Reactions: David Savage