Iainmac1000

Oct 2, 2016
I have a T8-S Plus linked to sony surround via Red &White RCA cable with the HDMI linked to a HD projector.

Worked great until recently, when I had I to factory reset my box and upgraded to Android 5.1.1. I also installed Kodi Krypton 17.3

I've tried setting the audio settings in Kodi to allow passthrough - but to no avail.

Any help greatly received.

Regards, Iain

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Iainmac1000 AFAIK, red and white RCA cable is going to be just analogue stereo. Your amp may have been filling the centre and surround channels automatically previously.

If your amp has an optical/TOSLINK socket (see image on next line)
2010-07-23_173552_htoslinkjack.jpg

then you could connect the DroidBOX to your amp this way.

If it has a coaxial socket (see below)
CoaxialDigitalAudio.png

you could use a Optical>Co-axial adapter, I've used one with an amp and a DroidBOX previously, just need to make sure it is the right type of adapter (in terms of input/output and socket type).

Finally, if your amp has HDMI in and out, you could use that to have DroidBOX>Amp>Projector . In terms of surround sound compatibility with different standards, using HDMI is likely the best solution.

In all cases, do have a read through of the blog post linked to by Angela, it should cover the required configuration.

Reactions: David Savage

Iainmac1000

Oct 2, 2016
@Iainmac1000 AFAIK, red and white RCA cable is going to be just analogue stereo. Your amp may have been filling the centre and surround channels automatically previously.

If your amp has an optical/TOSLINK socket (see image on next line)
2010-07-23_173552_htoslinkjack.jpg

then you could connect the DroidBOX to your amp this way.

If it has a coaxial socket (see below)
CoaxialDigitalAudio.png

you could use a Optical>Co-axial adapter, I've used one with an amp and a DroidBOX previously, just need to make sure it is the right type of adapter (in terms of input/output and socket type).

Finally, if your amp has HDMI in and out, you could use that to have DroidBOX>Amp>Projector . In terms of surround sound compatibility with different standards, using HDMI is likely the best solution.

In all cases, do have a read through of the blog post linked to by Angela, it should cover the required configuration.

Thanks Chris,

Amp only has analogue in(RCA Red & White) and scart).... worked perfectly before. Will read Angela's post and link now

Regards, Iain......