Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Hi have hdmi lead to tv and optical and audio lead red and white ports on back of box to my amp what would be the best way to set up my box thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Use the optical to your amp if you can't plug the HDMI straight to it, which is better. Then when you start your box up go to the two cogs (setting) and advanced, here you need passthrough selected and check the other audio setting here. Don't select DTS HD as it won't work with optical out.
Now go into kodi and then system, system and Audio and here make sure you select 2.0, DD capable receiver, DD transcoding and passthrough here as well. Should be good to go now...make sure you select the right input on your amp. If you need to check the amps instructions for Audio inputs.

Hope this helps you..get more power movies, it has loads of 5.1 movies aswell as icefilms and Primewire.

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
I think it is can't seem to find what David says linked box to amp hdmi to tv box has seems to find right settings all 7 speakers sounds fantastic even more so if I set my amp to 7 speaker mode

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Normally to get 5.1 you need to set kodi in system, system and Audio output and set it to 2.0 and DD capable receiver and transcoding.
You might have to change the setting level to Expert...this is in the bottom left corner. Just click on it to change the level....

Reactions: Hightone10

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Normally to get 5.1 you need to set kodi in system, system and Audio output and set it to 2.0 and DD capable receiver and transcoding.
You might have to change the setting level to Expert...this is in the bottom left corner. Just click on it to change the level....
How do you get into Kodi? Silly question I know but want to know i am looking in the right place

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Go into kodi (xbmc),then when it loads you have a menu bar with Video, Programs, Music and system. Go to system and click on it and then system again and then audio output. Make the above changes here, best of luck and enjoy.

Dave S

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Go into kodi (xbmc),then when it loads you have a menu bar with Video, Programs, Music and system. Go to system and click on it and then system again and then audio output. Make the above changes here, best of luck and enjoy.

Dave S
cheers found them all and left little box bottom left on advanced is that OK thanks for your help

Reactions: David Savage

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Use the optical to your amp if you can't plug the HDMI straight to it, which is better. Then when you start your box up go to the two cogs (setting) and advanced, here you need passthrough selected and check the other audio setting here. Don't select DTS HD as it won't work with optical out.
Now go into kodi and then system, system and Audio and here make sure you select 2.0, DD capable receiver, DD transcoding and passthrough here as well. Should be good to go now...make sure you select the right input on your amp. If you need to check the amps instructions for Audio inputs.

Hope this helps you..get more power movies, it has loads of 5.1 movies aswell as icefilms and Primewire.
Is power movie's a tab/addon somewhere if so where? Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
More power is in the Muckyducks repo...go system then install from repository, scroll down to Muckyducks repo and then go to Video add-ons. Then scroll down to More power movies...
At the moment there are a lot down just like in Phoenix add-on.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You seemed to have it according to this post of 31 january

"Hi gave been messing about and found Mucky Ducks enabled on box to see if it installed properly and working how would I find that bit out thanks for your time and help"

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you hover over the non-working Mucky Duck repository, which URL (address) does it show? If you enter this in the BROWSER application (outside of Kodi) on your DroidBOX device, does the page come up (it'll be very plain with just a few links)?

BennyG

Mar 28, 2016

I am having a problem similar to this...if I switch veira link to TV the volume works, if on surround no volume and it locks everything up. All I have to do is change it to hdmi pass through in settings and then in the kodi settings?

BennyG

Mar 28, 2016
Yeah....these instructions do not make sense for my mxq box. Settings mentioned for kodi are not the same as mine. Any help with getting sound for my box, and why it locks everything else up as well (like my xbox).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@BennyG
The instructions were likely for a different model as this is in the T8-S Plus area of the forum.

Can you let us know:
Where the device comes from and if possible the firmware you have installed
The exact Kodi build installed
Which settings in use for Kodi and within Android or MBox's settings