Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
Hi All,

Just got a message last night to perform update which I did (looked like a new OTA update) i.e. went to android setup and rebooted etc. but has come back up with Main screen but now with message System UI not supported so click on OK but message keeps coming back subsequently I can not use the box.

I have tried a reboot and reset from firmware but still no joy.

Does anybody know how to reload Sim card with new or existing firmware were it is located etc. Box is only about 2 to 3 months old

Thanks Garry

Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
My second box is now reporting it needs the update I think 1.1.4 (may have this wrong)? But concerned to do it as the other box cant be used.

Have rebooted box into reboot, wipe personal data and reload firmware but still coming back with message looks like new firmware update is causing conflicts with firmware so beware?

Is there a way of reloading the old firmware, please help or how do I escalate to Droidbox?

Thanks Garry

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A factory reset (as opposed to a reboot) may help sort the problem out although it will not back out the firmware. The update has worked ok on my box so it is not a general problem
If it persists after a factory reset (make sure the sd card is removed first) then contact droidbox support by email (contact details on main web page) or use the live chat facility.

Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
Yes it was a factory reset (my bad & sd card removed) so question still remains where do you find the last known good firmware to re-load via SD Card?

Thanks Garry

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Follow my advice and contact Droidbox @Liver_Diver . If indeed your box needs an older firmware then only they can provide it. I said in my comments, in a general sense the newer firmware is good. In your specific case there may be a conflict.

Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
So contacted Droidbox as suggested got old firmware but box says cant write old software over new system? So well and truly stuck. Any ideas?