snappyfish

Jan 26, 2016
Hi,

I used to have kodi running from PC with a long HDMI to TV, then a optical cable from TV to my AV receiver to get 5.1

Now I am using the T8 box with HDMI to TV and optical from TV to AV Receiver but cant get 5.1

Can it be done?

Thanks

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi,

I used to have kodi running from PC with a long HDMI to TV, then a optical cable from TV to my AV receiver to get 5.1

Now I am using the T8 box with HDMI to TV and optical from TV to AV Receiver but cant get 5.1

Can it be done?

Thanks
Hi

Best option that you have is to connect sound system to TV and then TV to box with hdmi and pull sound from there.

In box settings>advance,audio output besides hdmi you have PCM and SPDIF options for sound,you can try them out and see if it works!

Regards

snappyfish

Jan 26, 2016
Hi

Best option that you have is to connect sound system to TV and then TV to box with hdmi and pull sound from there.

In box settings>advance,audio output besides hdmi you have PCM and SPDIF options for sound,you can try them out and see if it works!

Regards

Thanks, That is what I am doing as per my op, optical out from TV > Sound system... The T8 box is connected via HDMI > TV HDMI so then TV optical > Surround sound.

But I only get digital audio no 5.1 surround.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks, That is what I am doing as per my op, optical out from TV > Sound system... The T8 box is connected via HDMI > TV HDMI so then TV optical > Surround sound.

But I only get digital audio no 5.1 surround.
Hi

Please make sure to try out changing those settings that i recommended .

Regards

snappyfish

Jan 26, 2016
Have tried all combinations, either get digital stereo or lots of distorted noise through speakers.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Most TVs that I looked at recently didn't provide 5.1 through their own optical out. This may not be the case with all models, but that is the first thing to check, what your TV can actually output anything above strero, via the optical output.

Reactions: David Savage

snappyfish

Jan 26, 2016
Most TVs that I looked at recently didn't provide 5.1 through their own optical out. This may not be the case with all models, but that is the first thing to check, what your TV can actually output anything above strero, via the optical output.
Hi,

It you see my first post i get 5.1 via pc running kodi but since using t8 i no longer fet2 5.1 via hdmi... With pc i did [emoji17]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The only thing I can think of is your PC has a decoder, then as it's been converted it passthrough your TV.
I would try using the optical straight to your amp or even (if your amp can) connect the HDMI to your amp then the audio is converted by the amp. Then output the picture to your TV.

If I think of anything else I'll post it soon.

Reactions: Sal