Ian Alexander

Jan 18, 2015
Local files play fine in Android Movie Player and in XBMC before I installed the wizard. After the wizard, I am getting pixelated video playback and crackling and popping audio in XBMC but android Movie Player is fine. Any Ideas?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you re-ran the Wizard, is it possible you didn't clear XBMC's data? If you're not 100% certain, please follow the steps here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/wizard-updated-2015-january/
If you're still getting issues, we may need to analyze some of the XML files on your devices to see what could be causing this. In the mean time, apologies for any degraded video playback you're still encountering, and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this, should an XBMC data clear procedure not sort the issue.

hannsg2015

Jan 18, 2015
Ok my problem explained (i hope :)...I'm trying to play files from my network server -- if i stream them on my Smart TV,Tab devices,PC, phone etc works fine (so i know there is no problem with server or video files that are being streamed).

I have added my share on my T8 and it sees all files fine, but when i try and play them the video shows up as a pixelated image with the audio crackling/out of sync etc.. I have noticed that the icon if you press "Info" that show the audio type seems to be going crazy and switching from "Mpeg1" - "Mpeg2" and "Mp3".. So i have no idea whats going on??

The videos i have been trying are just around 700MB .Avi files if that helps?

I Have carried out a full XBMC data restart/Clear (2nd time) but still hasn't sorted it? Seems strange that before i updated to the "Jan 2015 wizard" i did not seem to have any problems and all videos streamed worked 100%

Thanks Guys for any support given :)

Ian Alexander

Jan 18, 2015
I have exactly the same issues. The only files that work are aac audio ones. If I use the android mx player or movie player they work fine.
I have tried each of the 3 codecs separately and all fail. If I clear xbmc and then play the videos in the basic xbmc they all play fine. Is it possible to send me the previous version of the wizard.

hannsg2015

Jan 18, 2015
Ok...I have tried a few things (settings within XBMC) and still nothing?!?...So i installed "Kodi" on my T8 (downloaded from "web browser" within T8..google "Kodi".."Android" "ARM" install) ...After installation was complete i started it up and found all addons/skins (from XBMC) were automatically added to the new "kodi" install (not sure if there is a shared folder between the two programs)???

But as far as i can make out..Add Ons and updates seem to be working fine (but of course haven't tried them all :)) and the most important thing is all my .Avi files + others are working again!?! So i don't believe this is a complete fix but for a temp setup seems to be ok for now..

P.s. Give it ago Ian and see if it works for you??

Ian Alexander

Jan 18, 2015
Worked for me too, missing keyboard and a few addons have script errors but majority work. Scrapers are also not working but all videos play flawlessly now. Thanks Hannsg2015

Ian Alexander

Jan 18, 2015
Fixed Blank Keyboard. It's an issue with the skin CCM Confluence MOD. Got Zip from Github and copy DialogKeyboard.xml into 720p folder and keyboard back.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm not sure which changes were introduced that could have caused this. Checking through my T8 and streaming now, just cleared data and re-run the Wizard. Thanks for the info regarding Helix.