Andrew whatling

Nov 4, 2014
Hi a friend has got a t8 and when you turn it on the tv recognise the box but the screen stays blank any ideas ? Or can someone send me the firmware zip file

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try press the reset button on the side when you've unplugged the power then hold and replug in the power. You should get a recovery menu then press clear cache and reboot, if that does not work try factory reset and then wait until it reboots. If that does not work give it back to your friend.

Andrew whatling

Nov 4, 2014
Try press the reset button on the side when you've unplugged the power then hold and replug in the power. You should get a recovery menu then press clear cache and reboot, if that does not work try factory reset and then wait until it reboots. If that does not work give it back to your friend.
Hi David I've tried to do a reset with a match in reset hole then release but does nothing just blank screen on TV tried different Hdmi leads with no joy

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you get nothing sound bad, is it a droidbox or don't you no. If it is you might need to ask for the new firmware, but as I understand that means you might have send it back to be installed. Best to find out if its a droidbox first, hope get sorted. Good luck Dave

clive norman

Mar 28, 2015
Hi David it is my box that Andrew is trying to help me with. It is a Droidbox T8 just purchased and arrived today from Droidbox. I was setting it up when it froze and another friend said reset it so I did a full reset as found on here, it then come up with "Boot" displayed on the front and a blank tv, so I rebooted it again and now it displays nothing and nothing on tv? All help appreciated.

clive norman

Mar 28, 2015
Sorry forgot to add that the first reset brought the Reset menu up but then ran up the screen / tv then the front of the box said "Boot", since the reset menu does not come up?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Normally the boot on the front means its loading, and if you've already done a reset can take around 20min. So might be worth leaving on for a bit. If this doesn't work might have give live chat ago, that's on our main site the link is on the front if thus forum. Then the little greenish box in the corner that says messages. Sorry it does help you need to give more info, as you never said it was a new box it sounded like an old box of your mates. Hope you get sorted. Dave

clive norman

Mar 28, 2015
Hi David. Brand new box I bought via Amazon and delivered today from Droidbox uk. Will call Droidbox on Monday and see what to do.
Did reset and "Boot" was displayed on the front of box with blank tv for over an hour so did another reset, thats were we are now. Power on, Blank front of Droidbox (not boot any more) and blank tv screen, been like that since 4 oclock.
Cheers.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
One of the reasons I've got a few of these boxes is droidbox will look after you, and it will get sorted. I'm sorry to here that you got it today and its not working. These boxes can get frustrating when they go wrong, but you have this forum, email, live chat and phone so you should be up and running sooner rather the latter. Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Let me no how you get on, also one more thing have you just tried powering of and leave for 10mins. I believe this can sometime help, if you've done that sorry just trying to think and type..

clive norman

Mar 28, 2015
Hi again Dave, and thanks for your support. I have just sent a message on the live chat, home page. Have explained all and asked if best to send back to someone who knows what they are doing and can see that all is well as I am floundering in the dark to put it in context. Will keep in touch, again thanks for the help. Clive

Reactions: David Savage

Shaun ruck

Dec 28, 2017
I know this is a fairly old post but I am getting the exact same problem is there anybody that can help me out?
The blue LED screen has nothing on and I have tried holding the restore button down while plugging the power back on and then turning on but with no success, now im not sure what else I can do.