Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Hi My T8 I bought a couple of weeks ago does not seem to have Bluetooth it appears to be v1 and not v2. I'm not all that bothered just wondered what the deal is since others are selling t8 with Bluetooth and some even with 2.5inch hard drives.

Second question is why the wizard still says march update when clearly its been updated several times since. I have just been running it every so often but I was going to get other people to buy your box who would probably need reminding theres an update.

thanks

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) Can you check the bottom of the T8 and send a photo? You can tell from the info there normally. I'm going from memory rather than stock records, but I thought we switched to v2 T8s a good half year ago, but I may be wrong.

2) The RSS feed at the bottom of Kodi/SPMC/SPMC is from the blog. We do need to write a new post about the latest pack, though, thanks for the reminder.

Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Ok I checked it says v2 so any ideas where the Bluetooth settings might be?
Also keep getting ota firmware update to version 1.0.1 or something like that box reboots but does.not install it should I ignore this firmware update? Install it maybe means lose rooted jailbreak box?
Thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm probably on a different launcher at least, but it should be accessible with:

Settings
Other tab
More Settings button (you'll now see the standard Android settings inteface)
Second option down, between Wi-Fi and ethernet I have Bluetooth.
I clicked that, checked I could pair with a device and all seemed well.

Can you let me know at which point your interface/options available are different?

Re OTA app for firmware updates, ignore that. One final thing to check, it was definitely purchased from DroidBOX, not another company like DroidSticks or DroidPlayer?

Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Yes I have a droidbox, I checked yesterday and same as you said the Bluetooth option is working
Thanks