EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I've noticed that the T8 firmware can be updated from today onwards. :) Does this update provides us with the new homescreen as on the T8s (and the choice of backgrounds) ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you go on droidboxs main site then in the top right corner click the menu box and then Blogs and how to.
Here it tells you what the updates are for, and it doesn't mention the menu changes.

Dave

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Tnx for your reply. I had read the changes in the Blog and How-To. As they added a custom SPMC 15.2 RC2, I thought that this would eventually change the menu, but on second thoughts, this effects only Kodi I guess. Anyhow, the forum will keep me informed on this update. Perhaps Droidbox will release a video with instructions how to install, troubleshoot and what we get, because I suppose that during installation some issues will (or can) appear.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Your right about the update, the last one I lost everthing and other problems too. Not sure if it was my mistake, but this time I'm waiting to see what happens.
As for the newish menu...not sure if droidbox still do it, but you can send your box back to them to flash the new firmwire on it(for a small fee and posting and packing). If you want it send an email to the office and see what they say. I know a few people who have done this and its normally done pretty fast.

Enjoy

Mark B

Nov 1, 2015
Hi tried to update today.. followed instructions religiously... red X appeared on Android 80% through update. Box will now not boot, I cannot restore or anything. I have also tried to email Droidbox through there contact ... that does not work!

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Your right about the update, the last one I lost everthing and other problems too. Not sure if it was my mistake, but this time I'm waiting to see what happens.
As for the newish menu...not sure if droidbox still do it, but you can send your box back to them to flash the new firmwire on it(for a small fee and posting and packing). If you want it send an email to the office and see what they say. I know a few people who have done this and its normally done pretty fast.

Enjoy
I have already contacted Droidbox by mail regarding this newish menu. On 21/9 they mailed me that "there is no need of sending the device from Belgium and pay for postage both ways. We are working on OTA update at the moment, so after it is finished you will need to run OTA updater app and it will automatically update your device".
So therefore I am a bit surprised that, with the new announced update from today, the newish menu would not be included. If it is not included, I don't think I will upgrade, because I'm very pleased with the way it works now.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Hi tried to update today.. followed instructions religiously... red X appeared on Android 80% through update. Box will now not boot, I cannot restore or anything. I have also tried to email Droidbox through there contact ... that does not work!

Hi Mark. I saw your thread today. Hope you can sort it out soon. Please keep us informed.

Mark B

Nov 1, 2015
I have already tried for 2 hours to get it to boot without any joy ..tried everything

poolgazza

Jan 8, 2015
I've noticed droidsticks have a firmware update for the t8 on their website. If I were to use this would it work?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If your box is under 12 months old then I wouldn't do it. Don't think droidbox will support or cover your warranty on your box.
Also droidsticks has changed names now.
If you have problems with an update and your box has froze, just get in touch with droidbox in the morning(live chat/ phone).

Good luck

Reactions: poolgazza

puddled

Mar 21, 2015
Hi, can somebody point me to where I can download the new T8 firmware. How can easily see the how to guide and instructions, but not a link to download the firmware.

Thx

JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
I'm sure it was up earlier, and now I come to look for it, can't see it - has it been pulled?

JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
Im pre June 15 though, need to download the OTA app itself..., I'm sure I saw the mythical link to it earlier

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
The link was up until the evening. I guess they pulled it of, due to unexpected issues. Who will tell.

todster

Jan 16, 2015
I've noticed that the T8 firmware can be updated from today onwards. :) Does this update provides us with the new homescreen as on the T8s (and the choice of backgrounds) ?

yes the update does have the newer homescreen (launcher) on :)