driodbox2151

Mar 18, 2016
I have a T8 Driodbox

1. After a week of watching movies/series i run out of space on the internal hard drive.
  2. The internal hard drive (8GB) is full and applications and Kodi fail to launch/fail to stream.
  3. I have cleared the application cache within the Android settings and sometimes i'm able to continue to watch for a while then the same issue happens.
  4. I tend to clear the application data within the Andriod settings and reinstall Wookie again within Kodi.
  5. I repeat the process when the hard drive is full.
Kodi- Wookie install
Driod box- T8 (8GB)
External Hard drive- 500GB

How can i do the following?

• How can move KODI to external harddrive and cache movies and series to the external hard drive? (steps required)
  • How can you make the external hard drive primary and reinstall Driodbox software and Andriod software to it?
  • Any other suggestion would be great?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
First of all, if you are streaming not downloading your internal hard drive will not fill up with movies etc. So make sure you are streaminge.g. in showbox press "watch now".
If you really want to download stuff you can easily copy/move stuff to external storage using an app like es file explorer.
Also if you download movies you may be able to define the connected external storage in the download path in the kodi addon settings.
I would not contemplate running android and kodi etc software on external storage even if it were possible (which i'm certain it is not)

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Try this, follow this guide to install mucky ducks repo, you just need the repo:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-netmov-kodi-xbmc/

Then after the repo is installed, instead of going to plugin.video.netmov-1.0.0.zip
Select the one that says wizard.

Once installed open it up from program addons, select mucky ducks wizard, maintenance, delete cache, then after that, there is an option that says android only delete texture 13.dB...

Select that... Your kodi may freeze depending on this file size, be on the safe side leave it a full twenty minutes if it does freeze. After twenty minutes if its still froze exit kodi, either home button on remote, android side or power button on remote openelec side.

Let it load up , do the same again until after deleting texture 13 dB it continues normal use, ie its still running after five minutes or you get a message saying done.

Be for warned though that texture 13 dB is ALL the cache images of files so all addons will at first either not display images or take longer than normal to load.

I used to do this all the time with my ouya as the internal storage filled pretty quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk