Frank Renshaw

Jan 11, 2015
On my T8 / Kodi 15.2, next to the clock is a widget for location / weather. The circle thing has been going round and round now for 3 weeks. Is there a problem.
Also in Droidbox Settings / Advanced, my location says London, but I am in Spain. When I click on London to change it, it just shows a whole list of names in Chinese. I did the Whatismyip thing in the browser and it showed my proper location. Thank you.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Re location WITHIN THE SETTINGS area (colourful, not the monochrome Android Settings area), ignore entirely, doesn't have ANY effect on anything else at all (in the same way as the weather widget location problem with Yahoo).

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Think this 1 is out of Droidbox's hands as there have been a few updates already and problem still persists.

Reactions: Nigelar

Frank Renshaw

Jan 11, 2015
The Weather/Location hasn't worked since last year. I don't think Droidbox is bothered, but it's annoying when you pay for something, you'd expect all functions to work.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Frank. The weather thingy is the most trivial of things and as has been explained, the common launcher used on most of these types of boxes linked to a site that has changed its protocol.
You can grab other weather widgets if needed and also replace the launcher with something like the nova launcher from play store.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its not a car. As explained the launcher software is supplied by 3rd parties and used by many different companies. So far they have chosen not to fix it.
It is a very very trivial thing in the shape of things given the world of functionality these boxes offer. If it really upsets you changing to a different launcher (interface) is easy peasy. Try it. You can always change back. I'll dig out the instructions i posted here some time ago.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Example of nova home screen

Attachments

• homescreen.jpg
    homescreen.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 254