1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T8 Location Finder For Weather In Launcher Screen.

Discussion in 'M8 and T8 (Both with LED clock on the front)' started by Frank Renshaw, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Frank Renshaw

Frank Renshaw New Member

On my T8 / Kodi 15.2, next to the clock is a widget for location / weather. The circle thing has been going round and round now for 3 weeks. Is there a problem.
    Also in Droidbox Settings / Advanced, my location says London, but I am in Spain. When I click on London to change it, it just shows a whole list of names in Chinese. I did the Whatismyip thing in the browser and it showed my proper location. Thank you.

2. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

thegazsheard and robit like this.
  3. Nigelar

thegazsheard likes this.
  4. Frank Renshaw

Frank Renshaw New Member

Thanks for all that, will check it all out.

Nigelar likes this.
  5. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Re location WITHIN THE SETTINGS area (colourful, not the monochrome Android Settings area), ignore entirely, doesn't have ANY effect on anything else at all (in the same way as the weather widget location problem with Yahoo).

6. dadlington

dadlington New Member

Will this be put right in a future update and do droidbox intend to do it soon?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

jaws likes this.
  7. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

Think this 1 is out of Droidbox's hands as there have been a few updates already and problem still persists.

Nigelar likes this.
  8. Frank Renshaw

Frank Renshaw New Member

The Weather/Location hasn't worked since last year. I don't think Droidbox is bothered, but it's annoying when you pay for something, you'd expect all functions to work.

9. dadlington

dadlington New Member

I agree... It makes it look tacky, people ask me why it's not working... especially as it is a top end box...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

10. Nigelar

Frank. The weather thingy is the most trivial of things and as has been explained, the common launcher used on most of these types of boxes linked to a site that has changed its protocol.
    You can grab other weather widgets if needed and also replace the launcher with something like the nova launcher from play store.

11. Frank Renshaw

Frank Renshaw New Member

If you bought a new car and the horn didn't work, they'd fix it. They should get the sofware makers to sort it.

12. Nigelar

Its not a car. As explained the launcher software is supplied by 3rd parties and used by many different companies. So far they have chosen not to fix it.
    It is a very very trivial thing in the shape of things given the world of functionality these boxes offer. If it really upsets you changing to a different launcher (interface) is easy peasy. Try it. You can always change back. I'll dig out the instructions i posted here some time ago.

13. Nigelar

14. Nigelar

Example of nova home screen

Attached Files:

15. Frank Renshaw

Frank Renshaw New Member

Thanks for that. I'll give that a go. I know it's no biggie, but if something's not working , it bugs me :)