Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi all,
I’ve been off this forum for a while but hello again.
I’m needing some advice. I need to factory reset my t8 mini so is there a detailed description I can use. Also I see kodi 32 or 64. What do I need for my old t8 mini please.
dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You'll find reset instructions in here.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/t8-mini/?hilite='reset'#factory-reset

Once you've restored log on to the google play store which will force an update of most other apps.

You can also get the latest version of kodi from the play store - it will be a compatible version for your machine.

If you download kodi from some other source I would go with the 32 bit version.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hello Nigelar. It’s been a while since we spoke. Hope your keeping safe in these times. Ye it’s time for reset. Can I ask what boxes are now available which you can recommend since my box is proper old now.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes long time.
I don't know much about new boxes.
Like you still running my t8s plus and t8 mini.
Work perfectly fine for my limited needs - like premier league football and music.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thank you. I too have limited needs but I now need to factory reset to get it running nice again.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again Nigeler,
I tried to view the video but I am not allowed - I get this message
null
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.
Can you help me please?

Also after I do the factory reset, WILL THE FIRMWWARE need any more updating or will it be the last version?
Regards
Dave

Last edited:

Lippy2016

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Dave,
Might be worth your while considering this option

I also have an old T8 Mini and have switched it over to CoreELEC (similar to LibreELEC).
It's now running the the latest Kodi 18.9 version within CoreELEC and is as good as a brand new box.
If you search for CoreELEC on this forum, mainly sean99, you will see good instructions to show how it is done.
You install it onto an SDcard and when you have the card pushed in it loads into CoreELEC and if you release the card it loads as your normal dual boot - so nothing to lose if you try it.
If you get that far, the device tree for the T8 mini is gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb to save you looking it up.
I've also done it for my T8 SE and an IMXQ pro as well and all working perfectly - in fact so well that I've dispensed with the sdcard and installed direct onto the internal memory.