rogginator

Jan 18, 2017
USA
I have no sound. I first notice this 2 weeks ago when I tried playing a video with the Droidbox Kodi application. I have tried troubleshooting by switching sound options with no change.
I've recently been reading other posts with sound issues. I tried playing a video in Netflix and no video comes up. All I get is a loading mess.
I played a video in YouTube.com. Video plays but I have NO sound.
When moving around the main screen I do hear clicking.

If I exit out to the LibreKodi I can play videos and sound does work. It appears that all sound issue occur from with the Android Droidbox application.

I am on version 5.1.1
I recently performed this upgrade 2 weeks ago. I thought things worked after the upgrade but I'm not 100% positive if the problem occurred after the upgrade.

I am in the USA with CST zone.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try go into your settings then more settings then sound & notifications to see if the volume needs turned up there, you may need to use the cursor on your remote to turn it up.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have no sound. I first notice this 2 weeks ago when I tried playing a video with the Droidbox Kodi application. I have tried troubleshooting by switching sound options with no change.
I've recently been reading other posts with sound issues. I tried playing a video in Netflix and no video comes up. All I get is a loading mess.
I played a video in YouTube.com. Video plays but I have NO sound.
When moving around the main screen I do hear clicking.

If I exit out to the LibreKodi I can play videos and sound does work. It appears that all sound issue occur from with the Android Droidbox application.

I am on version 5.1.1
I recently performed this upgrade 2 weeks ago. I thought things worked after the upgrade but I'm not 100% positive if the problem occurred after the upgrade.

I am in the USA with CST zone.
Hi

If volume is up properly on both your box and your TV please do perform factory reset on your device.

In order to do factory reset on your box from android please follow next:

go to settings>other>more settings>backup and reset>factory reset and confirm
OR
go to settings>backup and reset>factory reset and confirm

Regards

rogginator

Jan 18, 2017
USA
8BitDev told me to do a factory reset. That has resolved my problem. Thank you.
I am an I.T. guy by trade and normally a factory reset is my last resort. I've only had the box for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not skilled with it yet so resetting was an big deal.
Still trying to put a few things back but I'm glad it's working again. I wanted to take this box with me to Mexico next week and see how it works.

Thanks to all who have posted!!

Reactions: judeep and 8bitDev

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
8BitDev told me to do a factory reset. That has resolved my problem. Thank you.
I am an I.T. guy by trade and normally a factory reset is my last resort. I've only had the box for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not skilled with it yet so resetting was an big deal.
Still trying to put a few things back but I'm glad it's working again. I wanted to take this box with me to Mexico next week and see how it works.

Thanks to all who have posted!!
Thank you for your feedback,hope you do well .Have a nice day ;)