Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Just a quick question and I think it may be nothing. I always close down my T8 Mini after use by using the Red on off button and it all works fine. BUT is there any difference or advantages to shutting down within the openelec after use???? or is it all the same.
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Regarding is your user content safe in openelec Kodi? I presume it is as that is what I do most times but I never leave the box on standby overnight. No content is lost booting straight back into o e Kodi. Is a different matter on the Android side of where Kodi needs to be shutdown from inside Kodi to eliminate the loss of data.

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Just a quick question and I think it may be nothing. I always close down my T8 Mini after use by using the Red on off button and it all works fine. BUT is there any difference or advantages to shutting down within the openelec after use???? or is it all the same.
Dave
Hi

What i can add on this question is that you can close(stop) the stream when finishing up which should be enough to turn it off properly instead of leaving it paused.
Sometimes when people navigate through Kodi they can leave short path opened to the streams and exit to main menu through home button instead of pressing back and going back step by step but this type of use did not make any problem so far and i do not think it would do in the future.

Regards and have a nice day ;)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thank you both for the advice. Sorry Im a bit late answering, been away working. Anyway, I appreciate it.
I always close films properly before I then navigate to the beginning. Then I close the box down using remote button turning the green light red.
So it looks like its OK for me - Nice 1.

Reactions: 8bitDev