SaintDan74

Jan 2, 2017
Can anyone advise whether the media buttons on the stock remote that is issued with the T8 Mini should work out of the box? Mine don't neither do the Kodi specific buttons below them. The remote I have has Kodi (Red), Apps (Green), File (Yellow) and Web (Blue) etched on to the case. Do I need to program them with the Multi-Language Keyboard Remapping app or should this already have been completed by default? I have contacted DroidBox directly who have only given links to the How to Guides, this Forum and You Tube pages but nowhere gives guidance on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would say the stock remotes that come with all android boxes are very limited.
I would invest in one of the remotes with a keypad on the reverse like the vip remote (see Droidbox accessories page). Alternatively there are remote apps from Google play that you can load onto you phone which work well.

Sansiro2

Dec 24, 2016
Yep - I can confirm that most of the buttons on the standard remote don't do anything out the box - however, as you have stated, using the MLKR app means you can pretty much map whatever you like and the wealth of buttons means the remote actually becomes really useful. If only the IR had a wider field in terms of the sensor that would have been awesome.