Status
Not open for further replies.

james mc

Jan 10, 2015
Was looking to install some apps that use root but SuperSU said its missing a binary and I need to reroot, can i reroot or is there someway an update can be applied?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Hi again James. The T8s come not rooted (some apps don't allow rooted devices), however I've just tested a simple rooting procedure that seems to have worked.
You need to download s89_root_update.zip from the first post here - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-S89-quot-Stock-ROM-quot-Easy-Root-ZIP-update . If you can't the link there, you may need to register at the forum first.
I used the steps after 6) - using Android's Recovery Mode to flash the ZIP file.
Once flashed, reboot and run something like Root Checker Basic (search the Play Store) or an app that asks for root permissions. If you have any problems, try checking that the SuperSU app is up to date via the Play Store application.

james mc

Jan 10, 2015
If you are looking to root you don't need to boot into recovery, click the link and it walks through what you need to do. thanks for the answer Silent :)

Reactions: ChrisM

Dickhead1

Jan 17, 2015
I've rooted it know thanks. I now can't connect a wired USB Xbox controller. There just a green light flashing. I've posted in the T8 forum.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.