boro86

Jan 5, 2015
Hi all I've just received my new t8 but I can't get no sound on xbmc the pictures fine all the accelerators are on in settings mode any ideas? Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you try installing SPMC from the Play Store app on your T8 please? Once installed, open it up and try to play a local video on your device (you could use something from a digital camera for example). If the video works, let us know and we'll sort out installing the DroidBOX Wizard in SPMC. If it doesn't help, we'll think of something else to try.
(If you've not used the Play Store app from Google before, please see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ )

boro86

Jan 5, 2015
Can you try installing SPMC from the Play Store app on your T8 please? Once installed, open it up and try to play a local video on your device (you could use something from a digital camera for example). If the video works, let us know and we'll sort out installing the DroidBOX Wizard in SPMC. If it doesn't help, we'll think of something else to try.
(If you've not used the Play Store app from Google before, please see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ )
Hi thanks for your help might be a daft question but how do I run a video through sbmc do I plug my tablet in the t8 via usb lead? How do I get videos to go through sbmc? Cheers paul

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
SPMC is the same as XBMC - you can either open videos that you've stored locally (so either in the Internal Storage of your device or on an attached USB device or memory card) or via add-ons. For a quick test of XBMC/SPMC, I normally go to:
System>Add-ons>Get Add-ons>XBMC.org add-ons>Video Add-ons>(end of list is quicker) YouTube>Install
Load up YouTube then, from XBMC homescreen>Video>Add-ons play a clip and see if it works.