Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
Hi guys, its been a while, I just updated firmware on my T8 droidbox and I noticed it still has old non working Youtube (Bromix Version) inbuilt with DBMC, there is no way to uninstall / delete it. and any youtube i try to install did not overide it. please what can i do now as any kodi addon using youtube did not work.

I have my personal youtube addon fork with my personal api.

please did anyone have a latest DBMC without inbuilt Youtube Addon?

Thanks for any help

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can we check which build of DBMC you're using there please? Head to the System Info entry under the main System menu in DBMC.
Something like
Build: DBMC then a number.

I've a T8 here, latest OTA update applied, running DBMC 16.2-1
No add-ons or tweaks applied.
The YouTube add-on details:
Author: bromix
Version: 675.1.17

Opened the add-on, said I didn't want to go through the Wizard, Popular right now, then clicked on a couple of videos that started playing OK.

Let us know please if your version numbers (DBMC and YouTube add-on) are different, or if it is failing somewhere else.

Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
@SilentlyScreaming, I have The same version of Youtube as yours, and my DBMC is same version too. that Youtube is not supported by Bromix or working anymore. it gives error Project Mark For Deletion.

There is a new version of Youtube which is being maintained by Kodi Community. and It now has a space for your personal youtube api. the Youtube that DBMC currently have has been abandoned because it went over 50 millions daily api call limit and Youtube blocked it.

anyway, how can I remove it as I have done all my possible best, removing it from device-android-addons did not do the trick as it is still there.

Thanks

Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
This forum is dead, had i know, i will not do the firmware update. I just need to remove this outdated hardcoded Youtube from DBMC, I have sent message to the office since 4days ago and no reply till now. all my kids addon depend on Youtube.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Btw this is an issue with all kodi variants including official vanilla kodi (which i have) that use the "official" kodi youtube addon. So it is unrealistic to expect droidbox to sort out this issue. Hopefully the link i have provided (which also has links to threads on the official kodi forum) provides enough for you to either fix or remove the addon. I noticed in the threads that provision of a replacement youtube addon was dependent on approval by the official kodi team. You might want to subscribe to the threads to see if this has happened. If it has, i'm sure the user community here would welcome your update.

Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
@Nigelar, Thanks for the link, really appreciate it. if you read first post, you will see that I said I have my Personal youtube addon, As am a Developer myself I have forked and fix bromix youtube addon longtime and I am using my own Youtube api.

The problem is the Youtube in DBMC was hardcoded which means if you remove it from device storage, It will still be there even if you clear data, it will still be there. the only solution is to decompile DBMC and recompile which will give me unecessary stress.

As I am python coder, I dont even need any youtube addon hardcoded I dont even use wookie as I have my personal build which i am using. all I use is Youtube, Exodus and Livestream pro by shani. I regexed all my streams myself.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you reverted to official kodi and removed/uninstalled dbmc does that allow you to move forward and apply some of the fix suggestions in the 2 admittedly very long threads?

Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
@Nigelar, Thanks so much for your reply Bro, thats what I am using for now, I have installed official Kodi from play store. Its a pity that official kodi will not work with DBMC launcher, but at least it solved my problem for now.

@SilentlyScreaming,
Thanks so much for your help. hope to hear from your coder soon.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
For those who may have a broken version of youtube running under kodi (not dbmc), i found a working version in the ares wizard addon section. It installed over the top of the current broken version and also installed a repo so assume there is an update path.

Reactions: ChrisM and angela