Biagi79

Dec 1, 2014
Can anyone please help, new to the droidbox family and I received my T8 today, installed as per instructions and ran the wizard!! Life was good, all seemed to work great!! rebooted the box and started to watch one of my TV shows, however 3min in and it cut off!! Strange, so back in and fast forward roughly 3min started to watch again, then about 3min later stopped working again? Can anyone help? Do I have to set anything up manually with the cache or buffer limits?? It seems like the stream is only playing a certain amount then stopping!! I tried various different streams, all with the same outcome so I think it's the box?? Please please can someone help?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Hopefully we'll sort it this evening on live chat (it was me you spoke with earlier).

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, the first few steps to take (to try and narrow down where the problem is occurring) are using something like the YouTube Android APPLICATION (not the add-on in XBMC) and checking if video streams play properly there. This will tell you whether the issue only arises in XBMC, or is system wide.
The next thing to try is swapping your method of network connection, when possible. So, if you use WiFi to connect, temporarily use a network cable and vice versa. This will show whether the 3 minute cut off is related to the network connection method.
Beyond that, we have the standard procedure for strange issues, wiping XBMC's data and then re-running the wizard (see http://droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/ and https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-october-2014-2/ ).
You could also try the fix mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/2661/

Biagi79

Dec 1, 2014
Thanks mate, I will try a few of the suggestions first, if I don't get any Joy, I will contact someone on the chat :)

Thanks again mate, your help is always appreciated :)

John

Biagi79

Dec 1, 2014
Hi Chris, I tried the above mentioned fixes none worked!! Andrew advised in a full re-flash of the firmware!! However he gave me the procedure for the IMX6 box not the T8 also the link he sent me for the firmware I'm not so sure is for the T8?? Can you please advise ASAP as I replied to the support team today and got no answer back!! :(

JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
Hi chaps, having exactly the same issue here with a new T8 last week. I'm on a Virgin cable connection so it's definitely not a bandwidth issue, happens on wired and wireless connections, and also on a friends adsl connection.

Any suggestions?

Just to add that I don't get these issues using xbmc on my pc, so it certainly seems to be an issue with the box.

Thanks,
Joe

JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
Actually, it's looking like the buffer fix above has sorted this out... Will update in a day or two when sure

boroboy

Dec 17, 2014
I would also suggest with this to check that live tv is not active in the system menu - live tv tab as I had the same problem till I de-activated it and now all streams work just fine.

Reactions: ChrisM

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hello there Biagi79, sorry for late reply. We have been very busy last month. Has this issue been resolved? If not, contact us or email us again at [email protected]. Please include your Order ID no and your eBay/Amazon account name. Inform our Tech folks there the steps/procedures you have already undertaken to fix your device so they can advise you and guide you on what you needed to do next.

I think your device needs to be sent back to us so we can check it ourselves and fix it.