Dan Rowland

Jul 4, 2016
Hey there,

I'm using a T8 Plus and am using the RCA audio out (with HDMI for video) and it doesn't work. I'm guessing that you either use HDMI or analog output, so I can't use RCA audio with HDMI, is that right? I just want to use an external speaker rather than the TV speaker...

Thanks!
Dan

Dan Rowland

Jul 4, 2016
No I haven't, my speakers don't take optical in, and I'll have to buy a converter to try it. If I can get the RCA output to work that would save me having to buy something, does anyone know if the RCA out should work when you're using HDMI?

Thanks for your help!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The RCA outputs aren't officially supported, but you may find switching to or from OpenELEC is worth a try.
If OpenELEC works, keep an eye out if you install a Wizard in there, as you'll end up losing the (easiest) Switch to Android shortcut.
Program Add-ons then OpenELEC Config (scroll down the first list once open) to reboot into Android.

Dan Rowland

Jul 4, 2016
Thanks for this, so are you saying that I can make them work by installing a program add-on in OpenELEC (which is what I used as opposed to Android)?

THanks!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No installation of an add-on, no. Just switching from one OS to the other, to see if RCA audio output then functioned. Pop into Android basically, see if the RCA audio outputs work there.

Dan Rowland

Jul 4, 2016
Ah I see, nice one, and if it does work in Android, do you have an idea what I should do to make it work in OE?