cuzzinbinh

Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys. I recently bought a T8 Plus from the XBMCmart.com website and when I was registering it and creating a user name, my transaction number didnt work so i used a different transaction number to register and sign in (I bought a T8 Plus for my dad and used his order number). It worked, it allowed me to update and get started. However, after the update, it went to a black screen with just the time stamp and an icon with 2 green computers in the right top corner.

I have tried factory resetting through the bootloader and through the android settings menu. And nothing works, i still end up on the black screen with the icon and time stamp.

The only screens i can get to are: the settings menu (internet, advance, etc.) and the web browser. I dont get access to anything else.

Any ideas?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi guys. I recently bought a T8 Plus from the XBMCmart.com website and when I was registering it and creating a user name, my transaction number didnt work so i used a different transaction number to register and sign in (I bought a T8 Plus for my dad and used his order number). It worked, it allowed me to update and get started. However, after the update, it went to a black screen with just the time stamp and an icon with 2 green computers in the right top corner.

I have tried factory resetting through the bootloader and through the android settings menu. And nothing works, i still end up on the black screen with the icon and time stamp.

The only screens i can get to are: the settings menu (internet, advance, etc.) and the web browser. I dont get access to anything else.

Any ideas?
Hi my 1st port of call would be to try and get in touch with the seller and explain what has gone on.

cuzzinbinh

Feb 20, 2017
i did. i been texting back and forth with them, but they haven't given me any advice on how to fix it yet

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its possible the launcher app is corrupted. Maybe you can try a different default launcher. This is how you would change it on a Droidbox t8 plus.i notice you still have access to settings.
https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/changing-the-launcher-on-a-t8-s-plus/
Maybe something similar for your box.
If that fails did you try a restore via the "matchstick" method?
Failing that as sean says you should contact the box supplier for help. Do they have a user forum like this droidbox one?