Cloin

Mar 31, 2016
London
Any news on any updates for this, seems to be taking a back seat in most circumstances.
Unable to use openElec as its so dated and can't even use alternatives.

Still on 4.4.2 which is fine but noticed with all the addons and kodi recently being updated its loading the CPU more and more.

This is a great box guys.. please dont neglect it, especially when people have paid very good money for it.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @Cloin
Last update for T8-S was released in April 2016 which updated T8-S Android side from Android Kitkat to Lollipop but OpenELEC was still running on Kodi 15.2 and currently there is no (newer) update available for T8-S, if there will any future update for T8-S then DBX will definitely inform its customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pault1

Oct 19, 2016
Am I right to understand that the above message says that there is a lollypop android version for the T8-S. I only asked a month or so ago and was told not so. Thanks

Pault1

Oct 19, 2016
Then why has not Shah Nissar not confirmed this, on here, after his statement above.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
There's has not been any update to lolipop on the T8-S. There was some testing going on, but there was some issues...so I believe.
Not sure why Shah mentioned it, might have been thinking about the test firmware.

Dave

Pault1

Oct 19, 2016
So more or less the T8-S obsolete if it can't be updated. My box is only a year old, not good. The Mini and T8-S+ Already on lollipop, why is it so difficult to upgrade the T8-S

Reactions: barry

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Obsolete definitely not the case. Plenty of alternatives that don't require Kodi 16 or Android 5 still around.

Shah incorrect about the T8-S, will edit the post.

Updates are worked on by our team, where possible we release them via OTA for the relevant model. Development hasn't stopped. If a beta passes testing, it will be official. Until that point, difficult to have any concrete ETAs.