Jon Gordon

Sep 26, 2015
I have just updated from Kodi 15.2 to DBMC 16.0. Now when I attempt to access DBMC via the "XBMC" menu on the droidbox home screen there is no response. I assume the shortcut is attempting to point to "kodi" which is no longer there. How can I configure this button to point to DBMC? I installed DBMC as this was the recommended install, but should I instead install Kodi?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
There is away you can do it, but it's very complicated.
You can make it into a short cut on the side, there is a thread on this forum which might help. I'll have a look see if I can find it.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Jon the home tiles cannot be configured I don't think so the only option to start up dbmc 16 would be from the apps menu, you could always leave that installed and re-install Kodi 15.2 then have 2 different setups. Maybe wrong tho asI have the T8-s plus with 3 different builds installed openelec 15.2, Kodi 16 and spmc.

Last edited:

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
The XBMC media centre on Home screen is linked to the Kodi and after uninstalling Kodi it will not respond if you will click on it.
If you have installed DBMC 16 then you can Add it to your fav section of the Home screen by clicking on +/- sign and then tick check DBMC 16, after that go back to the Home screen and you will find DBMC 16 in fav section of the Home screen.

Jon Gordon

Sep 26, 2015
The XBMC media centre on Home screen is linked to the Kodi and after uninstalling Kodi it will not respond if you will click on it.
If you have installed DBMC 16 then you can Add it to your fav section of the Home screen by clicking on +/- sign and then tick check DBMC 16, after that go back to the Home screen and you will find DBMC 16 in fav section of the Home screen.
Thanks for the replies. I have already added DBMC to the favourites so I am operational. Unfortunately I'm a bit OCD so I can't have a dud button on the screen!! I'll just have to reinstall the standard Kodi I think. Again thanks for the help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The solution I propose John replaces the current screen with your own customised screen with a working Kodi icon. You can try it, and if you don't like it discard and revert to the OCD version.

Jon Gordon

Sep 26, 2015
The solution I propose John replaces the current screen with your own customised screen with a working Kodi icon. You can try it, and if you don't like it discard and revert to the OCD version.
Thanks Nigelar. That sounds perfect. I'll try that when I get back from work later on. Cheers.