Neil Gibbs

Sep 1, 2017
I've used the amlogic burning tool to try to an img file to my T8-S. I used the wrong file, and thought a force erase all would help! Not realising this would remove the recovery partitions, and I can no longer factory reset.

I'm thinking I could adb sideload the zip OTA update to recover - can anyone help me work out how to ADB connect to try this?

Thanks all

Neil

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I've used the amlogic burning tool to try to an img file to my T8-S. I used the wrong file, and thought a force erase all would help! Not realising this would remove the recovery partitions, and I can no longer factory reset.

I'm thinking I could adb sideload the zip OTA update to recover - can anyone help me work out how to ADB connect to try this?

Thanks all

Neil
Hi

Please email us at [email protected] together with your order ID so we could assist you further.

Regards

Neil Gibbs

Sep 1, 2017
Thanks, droidbox (Igor) have already confirmed you don't support this method of recovery, and to send back for repair for £25. I wanted to fix it myself if possible.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks, droidbox (Igor) have already confirmed you don't support this method of recovery, and to send back for repair for £25. I wanted to fix it myself if possible.
Hi

I done further checks and in this case with the T8-S box model it is not possible to fix the box at all.

Regards

Neil Gibbs

Sep 1, 2017
Can anyone provide me with the img files from a backup I can restore through amlogic burning tool which does connect? Can't get adb working (no devices shown when connected to usb port nearest reset pinhole)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Can anyone provide me with the img files from a backup I can restore through amlogic burning tool which does connect? Can't get adb working (no devices shown when connected to usb port nearest reset pinhole)
Sorry to say that if you change the f/w on any device from any manufacturer you void your warranty, think you need to bite the bullet and pay dbx to reinstall original f/w for you.

Neil Gibbs

Sep 1, 2017
I've tried to apply install from zip from factory reset menu, and as I've wiped my /cache /misc folders, I get the error failed to mount no such file or directory.

Is it possible to apply a zip file that will do the reformat for me?

Many thanks all.....

Neil Gibbs

Sep 1, 2017
Screenshot below.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 186