Finny

Nov 14, 2020
Hi,

I have one of these old boxes from droidsticks/entertainment box.

I know it’s showing it’s age but I’m looking to see if I can even get the bare minimum working on it so that my kids can watch it upstairs.

The Android version is 4.4.2 and the build number is T8V2.20141105.V3.1.2, it also says kernel version 3.10.33.

I am wondering if I can upgrade it from 4.4.2 to a bit higher like 5.0. Failing that I have been trying to find the best version of kodi that will work on it.

I have tried Jarvis 16.0 and the ebmc 4.4 version, but when i then try to install a movies/tv series add on like popular ones from the past (tempest, exodus, covenant, the oath, etc) I am having no joy!

it would be fantastic if anyone could help with the Android version and if not then the best kodi download and then an add on that compliments it.

sincere apologies, I’m asking a lot.

many thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

kind regards,

finny

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi.
First of all the general case is that the processors on those older machines do not support later versions of Android
The Freaktab forum had some ROMs which claimed to update Android but if I recollect some functionality usually went AWOL (e.g wifi).

There were some Kodi 17 forks which worked on older versions of Android 4 (FTMC, Mygica). I had used both successfully at the time. But certainly I dont know if any newer or currently maintained addons work on them now - probably need at least Kodi 18.

You can try of course but i thibk your best option is to invest in a new machine. I currently run everything off android 5 and 6 on my older Droix (Droidbox) machines although i guess with them there will be a point where they will become incompatible with a newer version of Kodi.

Finny

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks for your help here. Would there be any alternatives to kodi that would do the same job for Android 4.4.2, that would allow me to load up some movie and tv series add ons?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There may be some Android movie apks (check the seo michael website for a guide) but I don't know how compatible they are with Android 4.4.2. I can confirm they work with android 5 though.