Maverickladdie

Nov 6, 2014
Having Wifi problems with my new T8 Android. Can't seem to find a signal that originates from an Omni directional base station in my Marina whose aerial is about 25meters away, Yet can get a clear signal from a signal which originates over 1/2 mile away, and a further signal that originates within a local office not designed for general use can anyone help

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Strange that. If you have another Android device, I'd recommend installing the app mentioned here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/wifi-analyzer.83/ - on this second device and putting the phone/tablet in the same location as your T8. Make sure it can see the network. If it can, try TEMPORARILY disabling the WiFi security in your Marina's network hardware. See if the T8 can then connect. If it can, knock the security up one level (for example, use WEP (not secure, but useful to trace the issue)), if you can still re-connect (after entering the password on your T8) then go up one more level of security. If you find which type of security causes the issue, try an alternative (WPA2-PSK, shared keys, WPS PIN method of connecting) but as secure type of encryption.
It is probably obvious, but in case it hasn't occurred to you yet, it would also be worth rebooting the base station.