fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Hi.
Not been on this forum for quite some time.
I purchased the T8 some years ago, and haven't used it for a while.
I used to have it set up to my Pioneer Plasma through ethernet and worked great.
I've moved now and have a smart TV, but an older Sony in our bedroom, which I'd like to fit the T8 to.
question is.........
What is the range of the wi fi, please?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would certainly recommend using a wifi extender as a general rule for devices in a separate room. And using the ethernet port on the extender to reduce further signal loss.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Some Wifi extenders detect your routers wifi signal and boost it in the room of your choice.
Others use the house ring main as a hard wired network.

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Oh right, thanks.
I guess you mean powerline plugs.. Right?
I already use a couple to feed my main TV and PS3, which are in my lounge. The router's in the landing.
I dint realise they were called extenders. lol
So get another two right?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The wifi extenders i have are the ones which use the wifi signal rather than the ring main.
I guess with the powerline type you would just need to check if there are any restrictions on the number you can have in use. At any rate you could always borrow one of existing ones for the bedroom when you need to use that set up which will avoid further purchases.

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
The wifi extenders i have are the ones which use the wifi signal rather than the ring main.
I guess with the powerline type you would just need to check if there are any restrictions on the number you can have in use. At any rate you could always borrow one of existing ones for the bedroom when you need to use that set up which will avoid further purchases.

Of course, I didn't think of using an existing one to see. Thanks for jogging an old brain. :D

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
The good news is that the latest version of the firmware on the device is very stable.
Many apps will be supported for a while, however, as time goes on, some developers may stop supporting the older version of Android that the device runs. You'll likely still be able to sideload older versions of apps through sites like APKPure, APKhero, etc.

If you're ever interested in upgrading, we sell a variety of Android boxes that run Android 8 and up, which are sure to be supported for many years to come. You can view them all here: https://droix.net/collections/android-powered-tv-box

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
As It's been a while since I last used it, I've forgotten how to set it up (use it).
Blame old age too :D
Are there a couple of tutorials on the T8, please?

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
I've just managed to do a system restore (eventually :D)
But had to set it up on Wi-fi, as the extenders (powerline plugs) didn't work well, as was advised here.

I'm still gtrying to get my head around setting it up and using.
As not been used for a long time. I forgot all about it.

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Another problem if someone wouldn't mind helping (if possible of course)
I'm trying to sign in to the amazon prime app.
Email........OK
Password..OK
Then it asks for one of that stupid Catcha (or whatever it's called) Security code pops up.
I can't see it to do this as when I click on it the keyboard obliterates it.
How daft is that!!!:mad:
Hope that makes sense?
Is there any other way around this, please?

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Another problem if someone wouldn't mind helping (if possible of course)
I'm trying to sign in to the amazon prime app.
Email........OK
Password..OK
Then it asks for one of that stupid Catcha (or whatever it's called) Security code pops up.
I can't see it to do this as when I click on it the keyboard obliterates it.
How daft is that!!!:mad:
Hope that makes sense?
Is there any other way around this, please?
Please note as Amazon Prime app may have limitation/restriction to be used on open source Android TV Box and developers of app will confirm more information for same, Alternatively, you may still try using an older version of Amazon prime app from app stores as apkpure and see if that works.

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Thank you.
What do I look for in an older app, please?
You may need to try couple of different versions for the app to find out which one is still working on device. However, even if any works we cannot confirm how long that will last because the developers has stopped support.

fzbob

May 21, 2015
Hampshire UK
Hi guys.
Well due to so much going on at home, I can't get the time to sort this one out, unfortunately.
So I've given up on it.
but thanks for your support anyway. :)